tipping bike up side down

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
will it do anything to it? because the only way i see that i can get oil in the forks is through the drainage plug on the bottom. is that unna do anything to my bike

DSC_0013.jpg

Im pretty sure its allright with 2 bangers, but 4's are no good cause oil runs up past the piston i think...

Yeah with a 4 stroke you have to drain the fuel and oil.

On a 2 stroke you still have to empty the fuel/ transmission oil and radiator fluid if you have a radiator.

oh well i tried undoing the nuts and they dont come open they just spin around. so now i want to know how much it would cost to take it into a motorbike shop and get them to change the oil.

hey sheepy that bolt you tried on the bottom of the fork is NOT the oil drainage bolt, it just kept turning because the bolts connected to a steel rod that spins freely inside the fork unless pressure is put on the rod from the top.
I sugest you do this : put the bike on a crate or a stand to be able to get under ur bike (milk crates work fine) then take your forks off (i'm pretty sure brackets hold them on from the side of the triple tree) when ur forks are taken off the bolt at the top of ur forks is the way to get the oil out and put new oil in, put the fork in a vice and undo that top bolt , you should see a sping inside ur forks take that out and sit it somewhere empty all the old oil into a cup , mark where the the oil was in the cup and empty it out and pour the new oil up to that line tip the new oil in the fork then grab the bottom of the fork and work it up and down so the oil goes in and out the two chambers , then out your spring back in and put the top bolt back on, put the bottom of the fork on the ground and compress the top of the fork with your hand , if it's to soft take the top bolt back off and add a tiny bit more oil then put the bolt back on and compress it again keep repeating this step until you get the fork exactly how you want it. do the exact same to the other fork and make sure you make the next fork close to the same stiffness as each other. Then put your forks and wheel back on and ur ready to go!!!!!!;)

Sheepy follow brazza's advice also if u want to stiffen up the fork action u could try a slightly heavier fork oil than what your owners manual says,I would also flush the fork legs as with all oil it breaks down and leaves residue in the legs which can slow up the fork action.
bigkid68

Latest posts

Back