tires

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motardness!

Reaction score
Hey everyone
just recently i have modded my bike up to the motard standard and all i need now is a set of tires.
i want something quality a nice pair
then i need a thrashing chinese set.
any ideas of what i should get
cheers.

cheers for that.
anybody else can help me? reccomending me a decent pair
also are motard tires need tubes?
i hear most do.

not all spoke whells need tubes

on the motard tires most will stay tubeless but jst run them wif tubes wont hurt them.

Only buy that eBay set (which are Kenda's) for your thrashing pair. For good motard tyres you should be after Bridgestone BT601SS, Dunlop TT92 or Sava's. You can also use scooter tyres like my Dad does but they're nothing compared to proper race tyres.

bridgestones and dunlops are no longer available in aus
the set thats on ebay arent kenda's either
similiar tho

i think ima get proper race tires and ebay ones this week to thrash around.
cheers for the help!

Why buy two sets? I get your idea, but its not worth it IMO... They last freakin ages. Just buy one good set, then u dont have to change tyres all the time... meh

yeah true that bro.
but why not have a set for spare.
its always a good idea u neva know when you will need em. anyway im gettin a cheap pair for 50 and a proper pair for 130

lol you beat me to it Spoon, I was thinking the same; a "proper" pair for $130 eh?

I think the IRC and Continental tyres should be in that sorta price range Squeeby, was more interested as to what he was going to be trying out.

Personally I wouldn't bother with "cheap" and a "good" set unless your maybe running the Sava MC31 slicks or the Bridgestone BT601ss and doing alot of non track work (looking at Vert RX) as they are around the $300 a set.

If your good set is only $130 just use them all the time unless your planning on doing burnouts.

the guy sold the continentals!
grhhhhhh
where can i get contis for good price.
who makes em?

Most bike shops should be able to get them in for you, they are distrbuted through Ron Angel wholesale. One thing with them is that they only come in 110mm wide and many bikes with usd forks dont have enough room between the forks to fit them so measure your forks before you get conti's

Saber

Most bike shops should be able to get them in for you, they are distrbuted through Ron Angel wholesale. One thing with them is that they only come in 110mm wide and many bikes with usd forks dont have enough room between the forks to fit them so measure your forks before you get conti's

Saber

so a motorbike shop should have em or would be able to get em?
if so ill be cheking 2moro.
so much work to do 2 the bike this weekend :eek:
it will all pay off
:)
peace

Latest posts

Back