To build or Re-build ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Pics will be updated when I can get some current ones.

Ok so the other day while the wife was in Michael Hill Jewellers I thought to my self, what the real cost of my bike. You see we have a dollar for dollar policy - I spend a dollar on my bike she spends a dollar on diamonds. Fair MAYBE not as I work and she looks after the house anywho... MOVING FORWARD

My bike as it sits today if you were to buy a used frame/roller and motard it up.

Base bike Motovert Pro second hand- Frame, Swing arm, Shock, forks, triples, tank, throttle, rear brakes, cables inc- $800.00
Mobster Rims - $600.00
Sava Soft - $250.00
Front Brakes Big50s- $450.00 + $110 spare pads
Earls Oil Cooler Kit Big50- $300.00
Oil Cooler Lines Big50- $180.00
GPX 160 Motor DHZ - $699.00
TB V2 Head with 60mm TB piston- $510.00
S35 Cam - $95.00
Mikuni VM26mm - $150.00
TB inlet manafold - $75.00
Titanium Retainer Set - $75.00
Cam Cover kit - $75.00
TB air cleaner - $22.00
Adjustable Outer rotor kit - $120.00
TB Billet Clutch - $290.00
Pitster Pro exhaust - $130.00 + custom fit $100.00
Billet CNC Alloy rear sprocket - $44.00
Peg Sliders - $20.00
Axel Sliders - $50.00
CRF50 Plastics + Sticker Kit $80 *second hand*
Pro Tapers - $75.00
Pillow Tops - $22.00
Seat - $45.00
Fuel catch tank CNC - $55.00
Oil Catch Can - $45.00
Iridium Spark Plug - $40.00

Total 5807.00 Why the hell did I work that out... GAHHH

DSCF00064444_small.JPG

Now in contrast a Londin's new RevMX
RevMX - $1999.00
V2 Head - $510.00
S35 CAM - $95.00
Mobster Wheels$600.00
Sava Tyres $250
220mm Disk $40 (OORacing)
Iridium Spark Plug $40.00
Barkbusters $150.00
Axel Sliders - $45.00
Peg Sliders - $30.00
Coke can catch can - $2.20 from local servo :)

Total $3761.20
IMG_0197_small.JPG

Might have missed little things but will tweek these lists in the coming days.

Last edited:
Tell the missus you only spent 3k , that should get her a nice ring.

Whats the point of this thread tho lol?

rebuild cos your just gonna spend the same money you most well just keep upgrading or replacing parts that break or just simpy new parts that come onto the market

I think i just fell in love with Londin...well the SP1 in the back ground anyways....

Can i have it?

Pleeeeease...

Depends if the bike is worth more then just bits and pieces, if that makes sence.
If it has sentimental value to you then I'd spend the money.

oh and Pete...re my build...now i know its no where to the standards of yours an Londins...but i paid $800 for my bike and im already just over $1400 and pretty soon ill be adding another $800 to that, and every month another $800 (my monthly allowance..lol) until its done....but are they ever really "Done" lol

i love your bike mate...i hope someday mines as good!

i must admit i dunno about other people but i actually get attacthed to my builds like mainly because so much effort and money goes into it and all the memories you have with it..... and i also found a bit hard selling my old bike

ok it sounds a bit gay but i cant be the only one!

It's a tough call, but if I was going to do it again i'd just buy one of the top three -Cini, Rev, Dhz and do it that way. Heaps less effort, and you don't need to go the top shelf rims and tyres - but they do look the goods. I feel it's the two are good to compair as we have a close match with motor/wheel mods.

Any one else keen to list their motard bike up?

Have you ridden a bigger midsize/linkage bike on tard ? hows it go , i would of thought your bike would be more suited.

And i agree , there is nothing like your own build from scratch. i miss my 50 because of that , not because of how it rode .

i must admit i dunno about other people but i actually get attacthed to my builds like mainly because so much effort and money goes into it and all the memories you have with it..... and i also found a bit hard selling my old bike

nar pbk thats not gay i will neva sell my genunine thumpy cus i would miss it to mutch lol .

I think i just fell in love with Londin...well the SP1 in the back ground anyways....

Can i have it?

Pleeeeease...

Hahaha, I asked the exact same thing when Londin posted that pic a while back... Apparently it's his house mate's and has since been sold! :(

I would say rebuild mostly, however there is always exceptions.

Buying all the parts from scratch can be very costly, so if you can buy the frame/engine and wheels that you will be keeping till the end in an already built bike it would be cheaper to rebuild.

But the exception is when you can not get this combo on a offered bike, such as the build I am doing, another pro of building from scratch is you get to choose all the parts individually and not waste any money on the original bike.

I have now done both, rebuilt a pitpro and the only "pitpro" part was the tank, swingarm and engine bottom end, I spent around $3000 in bike and parts to get it where I wanted it to be. (and that was getting all the parts at less than retail)

I am nearly finished building a primmy bike, which in my opinion is way better than the previous bike and Its looking like it will be around $2000 built to my specs. However this does not include any engine mods as I will be accessing the need to get more power out of the 155z after riding it for a little bit.

I couldn't sell my 10incher. I'm in love with it haha. But that's the only bike I am attached to.

Pete. I really thought it was more money spent. Lol. Bit you seem to have the near best set up around. Which is always good. Just need a custom sticker kit and other blunt bits lol.

It's a good thread for people just learning and wanting to get into motard racing. It really isn't just wheels and tyres.

I will post my build when I get home

Latest posts

Back