Tomahawk KX250 '08 model

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linkavitch...

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just htought id put my review of my Tomahawk kx250 up here... here it is.

When we got the bike from dreamrider, we had to put on the front wheel, back suspension pin, handle bars and a few other things. This wasnt that hard, but it would probably be a bit tricky for somebody new to mechanics.

I had the bike for about...5 weeks when the back shock broke. Emailed dreamrider, they gave me instructions, i sent it down, and soon a brand new one came back up. No problem.

Ive only just finished wearing in the engine. On the weekend i took it out on a ride with my friend and his dad, they have xr250 and xr400, both '03 models, with professionaly set-up suspension, and the tomahawk kept up pretty well...even on the steep hill climbs and bog holes...the only thing was the tires..they were perfect for the sand and dirt, but in the deep mud they became a bit slippery. Ok now for the numbers...( this is compared to the xr250 and a 1982 rm125)

1. Power 8/10 - Very impressive. Good lowdown torque, good for tractoring up those hills, with a lot of power up to when you get it revved up.

2. Reliablilty 7/10 - Good reliability. Better than i thought it would be.

3. Handling - 10/10 - My friend and his dad rode my bike and said it was extremely surprising for that price. Light and easy to flick around. Good brakes.

Fun to ride....more reviews later. Remember, if you want to race, get a rm crf etc but if you a fun easy bike that will still scare you when you open the throttle in 3rd gear, consider a Tomahawk kx or hummer. ride safe

Latest posts

Back