Top Speed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxb_125

Reaction score
hey miniriders... jsut wondering what the top speed of our pitbikes are.. im really curious to know and if anyone has been checked out by car or been clocked by those camera things could you please tell me...

Cheers

My pitpro 125le got up to 77kph according to my gps, but the staright wasn't really long enough, i doubt it would have got much more than about 85.

i'll try, but first i gotta get a new bloody throttle cable! lol. i'll check it out on the gps, probably around 80 - 85, most normal 125's will do around that..

i had my old 110cc doing 85km, & i reckon with tuning the ABG29 could do over 90km

90kph sounds about ride. I know the top Italian 50cc pockets do around 100+ and they are a fair bit faster than my 125 at the moment. At Morwell I was pretty much at max revs down the hill in top gear with 14/37 gearing. I don't know what that equates to because I don't know what revs I was pulling. I'd say around 7,000rpm'ish?

depends on your gearing. if you gear it tall you may get it to go 150kmh, but it will take a hell of a long straight to get to that speed.

My AGB29 125 with 102.5 main jet reads 97km/h on my handheld GPS. I also have a oil cooler, but unlikely that makes any speed difference.

I also have the 37T rear sprocket as standard.

I'm getting a bigwheel version 140 soon hopefully, so will be interesting to see what i can squeeze out of that, I plan to do the whole exhaust, CDI, Rotor ect on that as well.

Juls

253kph!!!!!!

... oh wait, you mean pitbike ... not my race bike!?!

LOL

depends on your gearing. if you gear it tall you may get it to go 150kmh, but it will take a hell of a long straight to get to that speed.

LOL, wind resistance takes a big toll once speeds start climbing above 80ish, there is no way you will ever get bikes shaped like ours to 150kph unless you manage to get 25+hp out of the motor.

sorry a lil off topic but juls were did you get a 102.5 main jet???

i need one

PitproRR on gravel next to my m8 car i hit 86km which is good if they had another gear it would be mad

I doubt any higher than 90 or so, will check soon, just get dad to go beside me on his KTM.

If you can:
:: get an accurate reading of your RPM's,
:: know your top gear ratio
and
:: get the circumference (in cm's) of your rear tyre (diameter x pye) ... or just run a tape measure around it.

... you should be able to get a reasonable ball park figure of your speed.

first, find your TOTAL ratio... gear ratio times sprocket ratio = c/1

then divide RPM by c.. this will tell you how many times your rear wheel has rotated per minute...

times that by your rear wheel circumference... thats how far you will have traveled in a minute...

times that by 60 and thats your kms per hour

:D

^^^^ Nerd!!!

Cheers

There is a less "nerdy" way to do it.

Remove your spark plug and fly wheel cover.

Put the bike in top gear.

Then, starting at a marked point, walk the bike forward until the flywheel has made 1 complete revolution.

Measure how far you have traveled in one revolution of the flywheel then times that that by the amount of revs you're achieving at full speed... THEN times your answer by 60.

Latest posts

Back