top speed ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolz

Reaction score
just wandering what sort of speeds ppl are getting with AGB29 and AGB30s:confused: . and how hard they are reving to get that speed.
only had my agb30 for a few weeks, but there is no way its gona do 100kmph like they claim, with the gearing it has.

im pritty sure ppl dont record how hard there bike revs and how fast they go!!!... because they are to busy having fun!

im pritty sure ppl dont record how hard there bike revs and how fast they go!!!... because they are to busy having fun!

mate im sure some ppl have hooked up speedos, even if its just out of curiosity. and im sure they do listen to the engine revs, otherwise there would be alot of f**ckd engines out there

second that crazzy 1# .what do u expect from ebay they lie through there teeth about the speeds that those bikes are capible of, unless there got a speedo or speed gun theres not a hole lot you can do about judging of the speed of how fast you can do cause 100 kmph is very fast especially for one of those bikes.

when did i say precise rpm? It aint hard to tell the difference between low and high rpm. . .

woops, wrong thread!

anyway, i see no point, trying to get one off these go as fast as they can, because every1 knoes that they are not built to handle it!!!

stock gearing running a "138cc" mine has hit 80kph give or take! going at that speed was showing signs that it is purely not built for speed!

Last edited:
this threads getting more useful by the minute.

i dont understand why some wankers post, if all they have to say is crap, and useless to the thread...? i was asking a simple question if anyone knew the kinds of speeds their agb29/30 can do.

mate calm down, no need to refer to people as wankers. this is the second time in a few hours that i have said this to someone. everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. dont forget this is a PUBLIC forum, ppl will choose weather they want to post and what content they post is up to them.

100kph is a little over the top for a 138cc. i have too been curious to know the speed but if your so keen on knowing, take it to a long back street. get your mate in his car and test it. will take all of 2 minutes and you will have an accurate idea of how fast YOUR bike goes with your body weight etc etc... all bikes are slightly different.

my brother, friend and myself all own gt's and mine is about 2kph faster than theirs although their exactly the same and we have roughly the same body mass.

if you want a speed reading go out, check it and just have some fun, and stop with all the "wanker" crap.

Cheers, Tony.

Im not sure how quick AGBs are but ive got my BSE Monsoon 125 to 85ks and it felt quite safe but I had the thing revvin its guts out and that was all it had. I kept this speed for around ten minutes straight aswell and it loved it.

i had my thumpy to 92 kph and it wasnt reving its "guts" out, close tho :p

hey supp man i hit 88kph on my orion pro series back in South Africa, had the throttle opened to max and it just went to a max rev think it was in the limiter but it felt fast as hell anyway, some brown trouser moments :p

i was on my ttr 250 and i had a mate next to me on a agb29 and he got upto 85kmh thats pretty good i thought

I dont have either the 29 or 30 but one of those standard 110cc's.

Did 94kph with a 16/37 up to the point the rev limit cuts in.

wow, 85kmph is pretty good. I hooked a speedo up to mine yesterday and got it up to 60, but it seemed to be revving heaps hard. im going to change the gearing of mine like yours redstar, 16 37 or somewhere similar. The trails near my house are pretty quick ones, so the bikes always sitting in 5th at high revs. Do you find the 16 37 still gives u good acceleration down low? Still good for jumping? Would the agbs have a rev limiter? cheers, joel.

......... Do you find the 16 37 still gives u good acceleration down low? Still good for jumping? Would the agbs have a rev limiter? cheers, joel.

Hey Jolz :) Quite frankly with my current engine setup, the amount of loss of torque was quite evident that I'm seriously doubting whether I'd be keeping it over the previous 15t that was on. You can still feel there's torque but not enough pull to be satisfactory. Alternative would be to upgrade the engine further (CDI, coil - anything else less touching the bottom end).

I actually dont jump the bike but I can imagine the setup wont be advantageous at all. I actually want to go back to the 15t/37t setup, at least for how I use my bike.

Cant comment on an AGB (29 or 30) as, hehe...I've never been close to one.

Latest posts

Back