torque

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hey guys does anyone know what the torque specs are for the cap at the very top of the head on a 140cc lifan??
100_0628-1.jpg

no 1 kows

i guess no 1 knows huh?? never used a torque wrench??

are you undoing them or tightening them up, because if you are undoing them you can do it with a spanner and some oomf.:)

I have saved 1'000 and im thinking about buying an orion from three amigos or an atomik, are these bikes any good?

BAHHAHA,, wdf!?!?! you are one really lost case arnt ya LOL...no theyre not..byebye:D

10 nm

so mountain is that 10 nm cold or when the motor is warm?? is that a silly quesion??

there are no silly questions;) its when the motor is cold !!

To stop them from bottoming out ... by reducing any travel they may have LOL :rolleyes:

I actually think it is so that if they were flush, the front end of the bike would be about 4" higher than it is, which would look rather cool, but not the look kwikaz is going for I believe.:rolleyes:

kool

so peg leg do you feel if i jack up the front it will look better??

I think it would look awesome, stretched out chopper looking, but I also think that it would be a lot scarier to ride. You would spend a lot of the time on the back wheel.
I can't think who said it before but I also like the cafe racer look of the bike as it is, it would handle really well too.
The good thing about it is that you can adjust the look of the thing with just the turn of a few Allen bolts, but it is up to you on how you want it set up.
All I know is that I want it....lol
Cheers
--
Steve

lmao

is your name steve too?? hey you can have it for the right price lol?? nah i love it ive got a big 250cc hummer but i like my monkey heaps better there so much fun to ride especially when they pop mono,s flat out and so easy :D p.s chics love em too no joke every where i go on it chicks comment perfect ice breaker :p

have you looked into how much front travle you have and the distance between the top of your fork stanchions and lower tripple clamp, wouldn't want them bumping together to hard.

and i'd do the head up to around 15nm i think.
Though i don't usually use a tq wrench, i just do them up to what feels good.
i only really get the torque wrench out when working on bigger stuff.

is your name steve too?? hey you can have it for the right price lol?? nah i love it ive got a big 250cc hummer but i like my monkey heaps better there so much fun to ride especially when they pop mono,s flat out and so easy :D p.s chics love em too no joke every where i go on it chicks comment perfect ice breaker :p

Yeah, my name is Steve.
I was gunna buy a monkey of a guy I know the other day, but he wanted way to much for it and the condition was less than ordinary...lol

hey guys does anyone know what the torque specs are for the cap at the very top of the head on a 140cc lifan??

Just tighten until you hear "snap" :p

j/k I think its 12nm, but don't take our word for it, find it written down on paper somewhere (manual or something).

8 ft pounds is sufficient. It is important to correctly torque up your head bolts. Above all, resist the urge to overtighten!

strip it and turn it back a bit.... It should of come with a manual....
strip it and turn it back?????? WTF!!! are you on about dude?? p.s mack 8 ft pounds is = to what nm?? thanks mack :D p.s pegleg that guy is dreaming asking so much for a clapped out monkey every man and his dog is selling there monkeys l8tly tryn to cash in on the craze lmao???

Latest posts

Back