Track Your PitBikes TOP Speed!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerMX

Reaction score
Just wondering anyone know of a good free iphone app to track your bikes top speed/quarter mile time? With todays technology and gps there quiet accurate! Suggestions for a good app would be good, Also be great way for others to tell us What there bike is and whats there bikes top speed/quarter mile time (obviously rider weight plays a big role so post that if you want to)

Just incase of trolls be prepared to print screen your times to shut them up if you have a modded quick bike.

1/4 mile time? wahahahahahahah.

WHO CARES

I took my Ct70 with a Daytona 150 in it down the drag strip last year 105kph with a 18.3sec pass.

I'll be taking my Gorilla down the strip on wednesday night ive clocked it at 106kph on the hwy now i wanna see what it does on the strip 1/4mile and half track times, 88cc DOHC Honda CRF50 3speed bottom end.

My CT70 Daytona 150 was doing 92kph at half track (200mtrs)

Haha you would of rolled up like a boss to the Christmas tree on that thing!

Classic!! :)

motorplexgreenred.jpg

lol thats awesome!!! a got a few apps now just gotta test em when i go ride next seen my orthopedic doctor in 9 hours will get the all clear to ride again probs so yea ill use a few apps an post my results, any others care to share there results??

I use "CMS Lap timer" for all my track work its very accurate with lap times and runs at 1hz with speed so its accurate enough without going for a professional GPS laptimer like a Starlane.

Have you got any mods done to the daytona? I'd ecpect something along the lines of 130km/h+ for a 1/4 mile and 160km/h tapped down the straight on a race track.
I had my Motovert yx160 to 145km/h down the straight at Broadford and another Junior racer had approx 160km/h down the straight at Phillip Island last year. I have a screen shot in an old post around December 2011 but I'll dig it up later from computer.

I used trackmaster when i went to wakefield, got heaps of good reviews so i paid for it and ran it... Stuffed if i could get the thing to work lap time wise, had my average and top speed listed but the times were no where near right.. However i did pull 101km'h down the straight on a yx160 with 26mm oko and lightened ork, could of got more with different gearing i was running a 14/37 from memory.

Around Broadford I was using 18/34 with yx160 tb head pwk28 and daytona ignition, and Phillip Island 18/30 was used 155z tb head vm26 and lifan ork.

160km/h from a 160cc? good luck with that
My DR650 taps out at 163kph and it puts out what, 4x more torque? 2.5x more horsepower?

So how'd you go??? Any luck and any suggestions on what app works?

And weighs twice the amount :) Power to weight is where it's at.

You're forgetting the weight of the rider
~160kg + 80kg rider = 240kg
75kg bike + 80kg rider = 155kg
240/155 = 1.55x the weight
with a 60kg rider its still only 1.62x the weight

I'm no expert on physics but I believe that weight doesn't have a major impact on top speed either. Only the rate at which it reaches a given speed
In short, you're never going to reach anywhere close to 160kph :)

In my opinion 160 does sound a little fast, but what reason would the bloke have to lie about it?

Improbable maybe,
Impossible no

Last edited:
got to love how people bag the **** out of people, if your not there to see it do you really no the truth? someone asked what apps to use and all of sudden people start judging people on how fast there bikes are. BACK ON TOPIC< WHAT APP's ARE GOOD>

I've attached a gps screen shot, the gearing setup on the bike and a gearing calc spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will help you to determine your possible top speed for a given engine and tyre size. Will help with choosing sprockets and fast track the best combination for your 1/4 mile runs.
The gps shot was from some old software, the name is in there to help with locating it. I don't us it anymore as CMS is much more accurate and has alot more data available to use and download.
gpsread.JPG
18t34t.jpg
View attachment gearing calc.xls

Hope this al helps with possibilities and choosing the right software.

Latest posts

Back