TTR-50e Made in China. Doesnt mean its bad.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of yamaha techs in china and bikes built there to yamaha specs and tolerances .

Taiwan is about 15 years ahead of china in materials and workmanship so I wouldn't worry about stuff from there. The prob with china stuff is that they can't design things themselves so they can only copy. The materials they use are second rate and their standards are very low. Yamaha will have a MINIMUM standard they have to build to and that is all the china guys will do. So although they are designed by Japanese they are still lower quality than Japan because they come from china.

I find it funny that everyone hangs shit on china and these companies that make it cheep for us to beable to enjoy our sport ,I really think we should be asking ourselves Why our dumbarse country cant make a bike are we stupid unfortunatly yes ,How can we be proud to be an australian when everybody rides something thats not even made here ,Theres not one bike shop that sells an aussie product its all overseas built .Even half the bike shops that have opened in aus close down and run from backyards ........

There are a few differnet levels of china factorys, Big company owned factorys like yamaha, nike and many more and there's the copy factorys .... Some china factorys are dodgey copy makers because thats what the rest of the world wants ... people go to them with a product, not just pitbikes and ask them to make them cheap as possible ... and thats what they do, its not china's fault its the rest of us dum arses wanting the cheap crap in the first place.

Stop buying junk and the cheap china copy factory's will change there direction... you have no idea what its like in china.

And saying when stuff is designed by another country its ok to be made in china because of quality control is a bit of a joke... where i work we have a guy that goes to china and get stuff made for our work and its mostly top notch and you'd never know it come from china.... its all in the buyers control how good the products end up.

I find it funny that everyone hangs shit on china and How can we be proud to be an australian when everybody rides something thats not even made here ,........

Do you have any idea what i aussie built bike would cost! see china has very low payment laws shit like 5cents a week. australia has to pay people a fair wage = much higher production costs

the bike was first built in japan, and then that original bike was copied in china because of the cheap labour. my dad went to the conference at yamah were they told him the bike was built to strict yamaha specifications. it is the same as the crf quality wise. the other reason it was built their was so they could use some of the designs off the crf.

I cant believe how nieve ppl are these days. Things are built in china for one reason, cheap labour.

The guys who spend the 3 to 4 grand on stuff that is still built in china belive that because they payed all the dosh, it must be better.

The fact is parts will still have to meet tolerances, otherwise production rates will suffer because parts wont go together!

You cant say that because its cheap it must mean they dont follow a quality system like ISO9000, or the new TS16949. It doesnt work like that. Companies dont ensure quality because they are forced to, if they dont do it then they cant make parts. You cant make shit parts and still build 600 - 1000 bikes a day. When things are happening that quickly you dont have time to be reworking dodgy parts.

you oviously have'nt seen some of the shit parts & bikes that come out of china. some are realy realy bad. they are not made to any guide lines! ie: frames not made straight (thousands of them)

Fark americans are all the same!

Its all about army's and wars to them

Cant stand the attitude.

Good call stunt. Im not denying that there is some shit comming out of there. Anyone can bend up a frame. Im refering to engines. Correct me if im wrong but dont all engines except CRF (which would be 90% made in china im sure) come out of china?

You wouldnt believe how much of the new VE commodore is made in china. Trust me, im a manufacturing project engineer in the auto industry.

thats the way things are going for the future.
Has anyone seen the
Loncin 250cc trail bike ads in Motocycle Trader. They have some full page ads
for there enduro type 250s. I would kill it in a couple of hours, but newby riders may benefit.

Do you have any idea what i aussie built bike would cost! see china has very low payment laws shit like 5cents a week. australia has to pay people a fair wage = much higher production costs

Do I have any idea ? well i guess running a fibreglass manufacturing buisness and owning it and employing people .I certainly do know what it takes ,
Also if our government can give pregnant 16 yo girls $4000 for achild and the dole for junkies ,So really no excuses is there for money issues

A better question would be: what do you guys think you own, that isn't made in China, or Mexico, or Taiwan, or Middle East, or India, or some other country with a cheap labour market? I bet your wearing China clothes, sitting at your China computer right now. Then later you'll go sit in your Indonesian lounge and stare at your China telly before realizing after checking your China watch that its time for sleep. In the morning your China clock will wake you and you'll do it all again.

lol Mack.. Dead right mate.

It all goes round in a big circle. Product life cycle. China will be expensive one day and australia will be the cheapest! (well maybe)

Just looked at the bottom of my laptop, its assembled in china... parts come from elsewhere obivously :)

I dont really care where and what... you can tell and feel quality in products and i've sat a watched some really good doco's on china and whats going on over there, real eye opener.... But as the thread started the yanks are very narrow minded , but its the brain washing from bush and the likes, you get scared if you the number one super power in the world...

As far as bikes are concerned, the reason China is even making Honda copy's, is cause Honda has been getting them to make their parts and engines for years. They have the blueprints for their stuff and could produce the exact replica if they wanted. But it all comes down to individual companys. How much they want to cut quality over cost. China can produce any level of quality you want, its no different than buying something Australian made, you get what you paid for. The main problem is the greedy local importers who bring in junk to make the biggest profits. And it is hard to know who made what because there are so many unamed factories producing similar things. Once again it comes down to who your dealer has chosen to buy from. So if you think something is shit, let your dealer know he buys shit.

i agree Mjc every one on this forms play me out for buying an ABG 29, well she gose ok for me ive had her 2 months and had no probs apart from braking leavers from stacking and i broke my throttel cabel

Mate the bikes good for the money i paided, it my first bike wats point it getting best bike if i wont use its benifits, this bike is fine for jumping just get an i shock if u do bigg jumps and spring upgrade in shocks

Can anyone please give me a link to a throttel cabel that will fit an abg 29

Latest posts

Back