Tubes wearing out on my Minitard any ideas? dialup warning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Tubes wearing out on my Minitard any ideas?

Hey sports fans, I've got an issue with my bike in that it keeps getting flat tyres. Now its not from glass, sticks, nails or spokes punchering the tyre its from tyre 'slipage' for lack of a better way to explain.

The tyre isn't sliping on the rim rather tyre is twisting under load. I run 12-15psi cold (tyre reached 74.5deg yesterday)so tyre pressure comes up after a few laps. From the pics you can see how it is rubbing thru the side wall of the tube around the whole tube & on those lines that run across the tube towards the outside of the tube is where it rub completely thru.

tube121.jpg

tube117.jpg

So i think my opions are....
1. Get a better tube (if i can) & get a flat less often atm it's about 800-1000 laps
2. I've seen people put baby power into tyre will this reduce my issue
3. Rimlock i feel is useless in this case but i'll put it out there
4. A different rear tyre (Dunlop Pilot Sport at the moment that I LOVE)
5. Has anyone put any different gass into their tyres maybe it might help.
6. Get over it 800 laps and put a new tube in and shut up *grin*

Has anyone had this issues and how did they get around it ?

Last edited:

looks exactly as if the wheel is spinning on the rim? if it doesnt have a rimlock definitely put one in and see what happens.

I know someone that cut an old tube in half and glued it to the inside of the tire. His theory was that having the same rubber surfaces against each other would help to protect his tube. He also has a rim lock but he seems to think it has helped increase the life of his tubes.

I know someone that cut an old tube in half and glued it to the inside of the tire. His theory was that having the same rubber surfaces against each other would help to protect his tube. He also has a rim lock but he seems to think it has helped increase the life of his tubes.

now theres the thinking i was after! don't know about glue but you might have something.

You could try running higher tyre pressures.
I run 17-20psi cold.
Higher pressure should help eliminate side wall flex.
Road bikes do run higher tyre pressures than dirt bikes.
Usually 28-30psi on the track. Around 40psi on the road.

You could try running higher tyre pressures.
I run 17-20psi cold.
Higher pressure should help eliminate side wall flex.
Road bikes do run higher tyre pressures than dirt bikes.
Usually 28-30psi on the track. Around 40psi on the road.

If i run more than about 25psi hot i hit the gas and rear end just goes Wizzzzz almost instant wheel spin. lower the pressure and it just digs in an launches.

Last edited:
What tyres are you using? The tyre could also be the problem. Have you tried another brand or compound?

its probably the mouling of the tyre
and definatly get a rim lock i had my thumpster for a day first ride and ripped valve of tube and now i have a rim lock its all sweet
yeh i have dirt tyres and ride dirt but this was in my street

put some baby powder on the tube, also whats the inside of the tyre look like ?
remember these are "tubeless" tyres and will often be harsh on tubes because they are not designed with running tubes in mind. What I believe you will find is causing that will be the rotation twist of the tyre at low pressures, like you said the tyre doesn't slip at all but you will find that the tyre inself will twist when you crack it hard then will snap back into shape once it unloads and launches
basically like this pete YouTube - Slow Drag

personally i think u run to low pressure Pete

Latest posts

Back