Tuning Question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

Reaction score
I put a 110 main jet in and a 17.5 Pilot jet in on my Mikuni 125cc bike. I notice it will sometime bog when i rev the gears out and it would also bog sometimes when i am about to go full throttle. I try a 125 Main jet and it seemed like it got worse on the bogging on top end so i know that size jet is way too big. I am thinking my pilot is too small but i am not sure if that the problem. Could it be my pilot or could it be my mixture screw needs to be turned in some more? I also notice it doesnt take off as quick as it did when i had the 107.5 main jet. When i had the 107.5 main jet it would take off fast and everything but sometimes bog at top end so i thought i was lean and i put the 110 in and it doesnt bog as much but it bog when i rev out the gears.

I put a 110 main jet in and a 17.5 Pilot jet in on my Mikuni 125cc bike. I notice it will sometime bog when i rev the gears out and it would also bog sometimes when i am about to go full throttle. I try a 125 Main jet and it seemed like it got worse on the bogging on top end so i know that size jet is way too big. I am thinking my pilot is too small but i am not sure if that the problem. Could it be my pilot or could it be my mixture screw needs to be turned in some more? I also notice it doesnt take off as quick as it did when i had the 107.5 main jet. When i had the 107.5 main jet it would take off fast and everything but sometimes bog at top end so i thought i was lean and i put the 110 in and it doesnt bog as much but it bog when i rev out the gears.

Waaaaay to rich on the main jet.

If its a stock 125, try a 95 main jet, 20 pilot jet and needle in the middle clip.
Most of your adjustment from here will invole raising or lowering the needle.

Try that and see what happens.

Waaaaay to rich on the main jet.

If its a stock 125, try a 95 main jet, 20 pilot jet and needle in the middle clip.
Most of your adjustment from here will invole raising or lowering the needle.

Try that and see what happens.

95 might be too lean, I had a similar problem and my stock was a 95 so i raised it to 100 and its almost perfect. I havent adjusted the pilot though or the needle. But try a 100 if the 95 doesn't work

That is what i am thinking, Here are some pictures of it with the 107 main jet and the 17.5 pilot
I think I should go back to that because it ran good just thought i was lean.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back