Turbos

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custom

Reaction score
Has anyone seen/heard of/know anything about exhaust driven turbos (not the electrics but the real thing) for pit bikes or small engines of similar size?
Im just putting together details and plans for my next project....full blow, balls and all, pitty based drag bike:cool:
I know all the probs i'll have to over come with building it and i recon i can do it just need to know if i can get the snail or if im going to be trying to build me won supercharger instead
Thanks for any help:)

i think ur going to have to run a bloody big carb
what about some research on hayabusa turbo's?

Ok i just had a look around but the only one i found details about is the KP31 turbo (merc smart car)..thinking maybe suzuki alto or similar turbo?

prob to far above my price but if one comes up cheap at the right time....:D

a small supercharger would be better IMO. I saw some pics of one on this forum about 6 months ago.

if you can get a turbo from a suzuki alto works car that would be your best option a 30 mm carby might work but it would have to be a "draw through carby" setup you may even be able to find a small turbo from a deisel 4wd the project will definetly be costly and you may even need to get the bike on a dyno to tune it. good luck and let us know how it pans out.:cool:

it's been done and it is possible but will be expencive
i've seen a vid of one running somewhere
there was also a project of one on a z50 but i'm not sure if it eva got finished
what sort of bike will you put it into
and i hope your a good welder because that custom zorst will be hard work

Nothing has to be expensive if you can do all the work yourself, it'll be getting built into a lenghend and strenghend CRF style frame. I'll be doin all the fabrication myself:p

The turbo'd single cylinder has been done a few times before, so yeah its possible. I've done a bit of research into the matter myself for our Jialing 150 1/8th mile drag bike project. Ive been corresponding with a few blokes on it, one in the US and another in Sweden? (i think anyway!). Heres a few picks of the one in the US, its a vertical 225cc Yamaha, but the same ideals apply to wat your doing with a horizontal. Need anymore info, shoot me an email.
[email protected]

DSC004521.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC004511.jpg
[/IMG]

fullengine1.jpg
[/IMG]

sry if the pics dont show, been having trouble with it lately. Cheers guys.

I heard from another thread that a single cylinder engine only has one exhaust valve so it cant keep the turbo at revolving smoothly.

Thanks all:)
The exhuast pulsing shouldnt be a biggy, got a few ideas to lessen the problem already tho

i heard of a bloke doing this to like a 125cc engine and it didnt ture out like he expeted or hoped... i think the main thing you gotta worry about is gettin the little bugger to spool up enough... but good luck hope your able to push the pounds through her!! =D

Latest posts

Back