twin carb setup using pocket bike carbs???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_mate

Reaction score
would it be possible to use two 13mm pocket bike carbs on a custom manifold on a chinese 125? would it even help performance? i remember reading somewhere anout dual stage twin turbos where one is for low rpm performance and the other gives it heaps of top end. i was thinking of doing something similar but with carbs?
any ideas?

Doubt it'd help performance at all and doubt its worth the effort.

There are carbies like these on cars, using a primary and secondary intake. Where vacume pressure opens up the secondary intake at higher revs. There was twin carb setups for the little 125's on ebay also. If yo use the search button.

check EBAY, they are on there occasionally. dont think you would get any performance gains with it, unless you set it up like a car - where one carb would be primary and the other secondary.

Last edited:
But those are twin mikunis, that is an overkill for a 125cc motor.

i don't think i'll bother, sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
maybe if i find some way of supercharging :D

IMO The only benefits of a twin setup would come from, like you said, if it had forced induction. This allows much greater fuel/air supply without fitting monster sized carbs. In many bike applications space above the carbs is limited so, two smaller carbs would be used. But, on a naturally aspirated, single cylinder 4 banger, you would upset the intake pressure wave and tuning by departing from a single manifold and carb. Same as you will if you split the exhaust into two pipes, unless of course in that case too, you have forced induction and it doesn't matter.

they had twin carbies that worked with eachoter on the old XRs i had one on my XR250 but took it of cause its to hard to tune both the same

Haha nice one XD.

Just a question. To use a turbo in an engine you need to adjust/retard the fuel input as the turbo builds throughout the rev range. Is this the same for a supercharger? As it only produces as much as the engine is...

Latest posts

Back