twin chain sprocket for a chinese mini chopper

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzbiker

Reaction score
Hey twin chain sprocket for a chinese mini chopper for sale please contact me with pic if so thanks.

Hey twin chain sprocket for a chinese mini chopper for sale please contact me with pic if so thanks.

Not a very clear question bud, post a photo of what you're after and i'm sure someone will reply...

a duplex chain? why? good luck. i aint ever seen one with a spline in it ready to fit to a pitbike or any bike, really. not sure how you would get the sprocket retainer on there, either. maybe you could just try two sprockets with the retainer sandwiched in between. then its just the two retainer bolts holding the sprocket together so the outer sprocket is pretty well much useless anyway. then theres the rear sprocket to deal with.

oh, and you cant get duplex chain in anywhere near the same tensile strengths as good old HD motorbike chain...

if it was worthwhile, every manufacturer would be using it. an R1 uses the same size(500 series pitch) chain as whats on a ninja 250... go figure.

but, if you really must, try checking out industrial chain suppliers, then getting someone to machine up an old (normal) sprocket to weld the duplex sprocket onto... they usually come on a hub, like this...

duplex-chain-sprockets-250x250.jpg

hell, why stop at duplex? why not triplex?

triplex-sprockets-250x250.jpg

wow, decaplex!

CONFIGURATIONS.GIF

or ignore normal roller chain and try something exotic, like morse chain...

20096-2786583.jpg

Last edited:
here's my chopper with the sprocket thats got missing teeth

image3.JPG

my bad. its just a jackshaft sprocket... as someone said, your question isnt exactly clear.

some of what i said applies. go see an industrial sprocket supplier, get two sprockets, go see a machinist and offer him some beer to join the two together and bore them out for bearings.

Hello ive been trying to get the sprocket made in new zealand for me but either nobody can do it or if they can the price is going to cost me a arm and a leg to make for what it is so if there is anybody out there who can make one for me or who just has a mini chopper like mine that is keen to sell me parts im willing to pay $80 nzd for it thanks you can flick me a email on [email protected] as im not always on here cheers.

once again... you gotta talk to the right people and get the sprockets yourself. you only need two 1/2" pitch sprockets.

4SR 08B-1 (DUNLOP) Steel Chain Sprocket 1/2" Pitch BS Bore - 8T to 38T | eBay

that listing is not cheap! i know my local sprocket place does them for at least 1/3 of this price. a pair of these, then find someone with a lathe and a welder.

these guys are in kiwi land...

British Sprockets Sprockets ::. Sprockets NZ

08B is 1/2" in the british sprockets.

you just gotta make some phonecalls and price hunting...

you dont go to a place and ask them to make the whole sprocket assembly, that means hobbing out teeth and machining the whole assembly. you just get two sprockets welded (or bolted) together, and bored out for bearings. its NZ! nearly every farmer out there has a lathe in his shed!

crap, even i would do it for a bottle of southern comfort (cus the NZ stuff is far superior to our cruddy aussie muck!) but i am not sure how you would get it to me :p

you also get to play with different sprocket sizes. doesnt matter how many teeth you use. if you use identical sprockets, the ratio stays the same regardless of the number of teeth. but if you get two sprockets of different sizes, the ratios will change a bit. ie, a 19 and a 21 tooth will change ratio. two 20 tooth will not.

Latest posts

Back