Twin spa frame vs crf70 style frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkreign

Reaction score
my mid size atomik nitrous runs a crf70 style frame. im not sure whether its considered to be a strong frame or not. i intend on upgrading pretty much everything on it to make it stronger and last longer, but then im thinking that leaves the frame as a weak link.

I know alot of bikes run a twin spa frame, what im interested in is knowing if twin spa frames are classed as stronger designs. if u look at things like the crf250 and that they run a twin spa frame, hell my road bike runs one. does anyone know if theres a twin spa crf70 size frame out there and if so would be a good strong investment over the stock nitrous mid frame. the twin spa frame in my opinion looks so much nicer too.

Twin spar in mo, are simply just dead weight on a pit bike. Unless its an all out BBR legit, then please dont lol. As far as twin spar for a crf70, I haven't seen any around? You would probably have to settle for a.klx perimeter build. But a twin spar doesn't mean strength. A lot of factors play into it such as the quality of the steel or alloy used, weld quality, etc. A mate of mine has a perimeter frame and it is horrible to work on, the frame obstructs the carby and requires the seat and tank to be removed, just to take an air filter off lol.

But in all honesty youd be best off sticking with your current frame, maybe strengthen it and just ride till it breaks (if it does)

But if your intent on a new frame, I'd consider a DHZ crf70 frame or for a lil more coin, an SSR frame!

Most crf70 china frames i have seen would be plenty strong , unless its a tdr single tube deal lol..

you say your going to upgrade nearly the hole bike , why not look at buying a hole new bike and sell yours as is to recoup some $$ ?

cos i got it for $900 new, and the parts i replace on it i can keep spare just incase **** hits the fan with the new ****. its not gonna cost me alot to finish my upgrade on it as most of it is now just piddley crap thats like $50 here and there, other than the swingarm i intend to get which is like $200, and forks thatd be around $400. i enjoy doing things up myself too its a way to learn how to do **** myself, and itd feel like an accomplishment to know i took it from A to B with my bare hands u know and that way i can give it my own style rather than just buying a bike predone and changing graphics. i can chose what i want. i love tinkering.

ill leave the frame alone knowing that tho and if anything ever goes wrong then ill change it

Yer i know what you mean , i have never left a bike stock either .

but im just saying no matter what you spend on yours , you could just go out and buy a lxr say and it will be in a hole new league compared to yours .

Latest posts

Back