Two Stroke Mini-Tards

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringo

Certified MR Member
Reaction score
With the inclusion of 65 and 85cc two strokes into the national level mini-tard championships has anyone built or started building one? I'm pretty keen to sell my 125 4t china-tard and start building a 12" ktm sx85. Coming standard with WP suspension and euro quality it looks the natural option to me!! Being 2t though a fair bit of rear brake will be needed due to no engine braking, but that's the only downside I can think of.

Your thoughts and pics would be much appreciated!!!!:clap:

Hey hillz,

I see you are in with the speedway over here, are you lot interested in coming motarding up at Jack's circuit at barbagello? We had the big-tards (SMWA) along last Sunday and they loved it!!! They'll be coming back on the first weekend in June!!

Hey hillz,

I see you are in with the speedway over here, are you lot interested in coming motarding up at Jack's circuit at barbagello? We had the big-tards (SMWA) along last Sunday and they loved it!!! They'll be coming back on the first weekend in June!!

yer very interested, but it was hard enough to get a group together for dirt racing let alone getting everyone to modifiy there bikes for tard use..... but i am trying to get a few

I had acces to a cr85 and the wheel base was too big, from memory 1280 and the max allowed was 1250cm.
I only briefly looked at the possibility so could be wrong.

Found this in the supp regs..

5.8 Maximum wheel base: 1250mm

Last edited:
The first one will be started in Vic soon enough. But shhhh I can't say anymore.

But for me, I think I might go down the miniGP road rather than a 2 stroke, but time will tell!

My 125cc pitty is the last remaining 4t in my shed out of 10 bikes!!! It's gotta go!!!! Tractor motor... LOL.

Dave you might want to read this review

First Ride: Honda's NSF100 ... or how Mike killed a Honda News Article :: MiniGPX.com

MiniGp1.jpg

beau thats no a KTM motard...This is a KTM motard

KTMmotard2.jpg
KTMmotard1.jpg
KTMmotard3.jpg

Just remember though, KTM 's run stright spokes. Not elbowed.

Makes things more interesting!:applaudit:

also remember Ringo that for motard you need a 2.15' wide front and 2.5' rear. or barnes runs 2.5 front and 3.0 rear for a different profile.

but the standard dirt size 12' of 1.85 rear are too small and give the tyre a weird profile shape.

Point taken, dhz on ebay have the right width rims realitively cheaply, didn't know the ktms are straight spoke though.

Latest posts

Back