tyre help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie39

Reaction score
i have come accross what seems to be a ****ed tyre!
wont pump up, wont even begin to hold pressure.... cant seem to find a nail, glass, anything that may have caused it, how hard is it to pull the back wheel off and put in a tube? is is worth doing to the front also?

i would say you have rippd the valve off

usually the result for when you dont run a rimlock

it can be hard, i suggest you find a mate and get some flat screw drivers or tyre levers

yea a shop will change it for $15-$20, saves you aLOT of ****ing about, it's pretty hard to do. get a kenda heavy duty tube and a rimlock so it doesn't happen again. I you don't get a rimlock keep your rear tire pressure around 25-30psi

yeah ill get some good tubes, i havent had a chance to check to see if it had a tube or not, so i wasnt sure. just tried to pump it... but clearly didnt work. any shops around us dvdrip?

in hoppers crossing there's yamaha, honda and on-track.... KTM will refuse to do it cuz they're homo's
yamaha will do it for $15, on-track charged me $20, not sure about honda
get kenda heavy duty tubes from motorbike city in lavo $15 each

if your in melbourne there is a good tyre/wheel shop called peterstevens tyre sevice shop in ringwood i take my bike there and there good at fixing the pitbikes wheels unlike all of the other shop i've been to

rekon i should get new tyes while im there? just the standard ones the bike comes with?

will motorbike city have them rim locks?

if your in melbourne there is a good tyre/wheel shop called peterstevens tyre sevice shop in ringwood i take my bike there and there good at fixing the pitbikes wheels unlike all of the other shop i've been to

im surprised. i went to peterstevens in dandenong and never thought they'd touch a pittie!!

depends how much they want for the tires, motorbike city have a bad reputation for charging double normal retail costs on most parts.

yer whats the go with KTM not changing pitbike tyres??

i went to the my local KTM and the woman said nah wedon change pitbike tyres

and i was like WTF!?!?! WHY NOT??

what makes me laugh she then said but we do sell them

im surprised. i went to peterstevens in dandenong and never thought they'd touch a pittie!!

i was to
the other shop around there weren't helpful
we needed a tyre and something else and they literly said p*** off
when we said pitbike

thats pretty funny..

reminds me of when my grandad brought a set of tyres and rims and they weren't fitted, so he took them to bob jane to get them fitted, they said "nah we can't do that, you need a special machine" so my grandad took it back to the go kart shop where he brought them and the dude put them on with his hands and a bit of soap!! hahahaha

yer whats the go with KTM not changing pitbike tyres??

i went to the my local KTM and the woman said nah wedon change pitbike tyres

and i was like WTF!?!?! WHY NOT??

what makes me laugh she then said but we do sell them

the ****s at KTM hate pitbikes even say your an idiot for having one all pitbike owners are going to kill them selfs
and alot of more bad stuff about pitbikes even tho we might of bought a 85sx
but i got p***ed off and lefted and now im getting a suzuki rm125:D
and there out of busniness now :D

if your getting new tyres get the brigestone s208 or something can't rember the name its a hard pack one anyway i've still got mine should put it on the new wheel tho:rolleyes:

i went to a bike shop in sunny holt rd (sydney) and asked them to change the tire for me, took 30min and $50 for tube and labour! even though he got his appentice to do the job who prob earns $3.50 an hour

im going to DHZ this arvo to get a new tube but cant find where to get the tire iron tool for taking off the tire. i tried bunnings, kmart....

anyone know any good places?

If you have the patients and time and you want to save abit of $$, you might want to consider doing it yourself.

Depending on what size your tyre is, depends on how hard it will be to take the tyre off.

A few things that can help:

The smaller your tyre is the harder it is going to be taking it off, this is because the bigger the tyre is the more flexability and movement it has, meaning a full size bike tyre is way easier to deall with than a 10 inch pitty tyre.

- Use a heaps of soap suds to get your tyre off, this will make it slide off the rim instead of ripping the bead as you try and get it off.

- The bigger the tyre lever the more leverage you have on the tyre and the less effort you need. (use multiple levers)

- If you can DONT use tyre levers when putting your tyre back on because its easy to catch your tube. Use a rubber mallet and heaps of soap suds to put it back on to ensure you wont puncture it again.

Its a pain in the ass when you get your tyre back on, and you go to pump it up and you hear an annoying hissing noise of your tube going down. :(

Happy Tyre changing. :p

In the long run i think its better to grab the levers yourself, because who isnt to say that you wont get another puncture in a few weeks (touch wood).

Buying the Tyre leves is a good way to save money down the track if it happens again.

I use 4x4 tyre levers which are a two foot long. :) They worked a treat

EDIT: If you dont have the funds to fork out money for tyre levers ask the next door neighboor or a friend. :)

Last edited:
I just dropped off my motard rims and tyres at Northstar Yamaha... But in saying that, I'm mates with one of the guys there...

Latest posts

Back