Tyre pressure

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
Anyone know what tyre pressure to have a 14 inch front and 12 inch back tyre set at?

never happened to me and ive gone up to 40... always spun tyres in the rim and shredded valves if i went lower.

Sheesh, lucky i asked, I just pumped it up to 60!!

ok, 60 might be pushing it a bit:p

the test for tyre ratings pressure wise is pump em up till they do explode then half the figure...

so a bmx tyre that has 40max on the side will get near to 80 before it lets go... a

while a $50 bunnings wheelbarrow with 30 on the side will blow up at 20 cause the rims dodgy:p

all depends on the terrain your riding on as well, sand likes about 10...

aand my old kawasaki had a slow leak...i once let it get down to 4:eek: wondered why it felt sluggish...

hmm i had myne at 60 the first few rides, had it at 80 to get on the bead lol but diddnt explode... luckily now i use 20ish for back and 15-16 at front

do it till its firm thats what i do, is that bad??? on my mates rm250 i got it to 50 and it was firm so we were like yeah thats good.

If you are experienced with your tyre pressure - i.e. you know how firm it is when its at the right pressure then sure that's fine, but otherwise its better for your tyres and tubes to be at their rated pressure

Yep, cheers all. Will start with 40, take it from there. Seem to have a slow leak...

well i am running about 14 in the front and 24 in the rear to stop rim slip. on th mini. Works well for me and i ride my Yamaha WR with both under 20 psi. front 14. works a treat

Latest posts

Back