Unidentified engine help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redstar

Reaction score
This engine is what I have on my bike (see photos, left and right view) and am now ready for some upgrades except it beats the hell out of me trying to identify what brand it is. Can anyone help me identify what brand of engine this is?

So far, this is all I know about it - its a 110cc with quite high compression. Low end torque is fantastic. Out of the box, it beat the 125 Loncin (could be gearing though).

Any help in identifying this would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Engine 1.jpg
    Engine 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 31
  • Engine 2.jpg
    Engine 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 23
got the same starter motor setup as a ducar... possibly a ducar. You will find most upgrades are interchangeable between brands. You may have to measure a few things when buying tho

What's the model number on it? (on the left down near front sprocket)

At the end of the day it's not what it is, but what it's compaible with. From the look of it you should be able to get most anything. It looks like a standard 69mm cylinder height; check out www.hondatrailbikes.com

What's the model number on it? (on the left down near front sprocket)

Yeah, thats the first area I checked but it only had the engine serial stamped on it. I remember seeing a paper sticker on top of the clutch casing that had eventually been washed off. If I remember correctly it had some other numbers before what I now know is the engine serial number. I guess that would've given me the engine model(!) I can probably check on the other bike in this area if my friend still has that paper sticker (which I doubt)..

I Would Call Loncin or Ducar.

Just from what i Have seen.

But dude it doesnt really matter like the others said.

You just have to measure your Cylinder, and any other parts will fit. I'm sure the company you buy Parts off will gladyly assist you with the parts that fit the engine.

At the end of the day it's not what it is, but what it's compaible with. From the look of it you should be able to get most anything. It looks like a standard 69mm cylinder height; check out www.hondatrailbikes.com

Thanks Linc, your post is definitely encouraging. Frankly, I know this mix-and-match thing can be easier except from where I currently live, where english is hardly spoken, the parts can be a myriad of things as communicating with them is extremely difficult. Unless I actually take the parts (i.e. cam) to measure sizes, I just cant be sure.

Well, overall I consider it all part of the fun fiddling with these things.

Many thanks..

Best Thing to do dude, Is Buy over the Internet there are many Internet Shops Online and most Companys will know what your engine needs if you send them a picture.

Hope this helps. and Keep us posted with the Build.

The couple of Loncins I've looked at haven't had a model number on them, just the serial number.... but all the Ducars I've seen have had a model number starting with "DJ" (short for DAJIANG I guess)..

The couple of Loncins I've looked at haven't had a model number on them, just the serial number.... but all the Ducars I've seen have had a model number starting with "DJ" (short for DAJIANG I guess)..

Hmm....Im putting the pieces together with all these valuable info. By now, I'm pretty much convinced about interchangeability of parts so basically, as mentioned in previous posts the brand doesnt matter. That settles the first issue. Its mere out of sheer interest on what this brand is that info like these helps. Thanks!

Wack a Uni Filter and a Kitaco CDI on that beast and she will be flying trust me,

Fully

Flick, I've some additional info....

My friends bike has a Loncin and his had an engine model number (LC152FMI) above the serial number!

Aah....just when I thought I was narrowing things down.

As for a Kitaco CDI, yeah, I've been coming across that on the net. From where I am, there's a lot available but again, the language barrier doenst give me confidence in what I'm buying and its really frustrating. The moment I show them a picture of my bike, they say it wont work but with the same 5-pin socket, I think it just might. Anyhow, this calls for a separate thread..

If I dont solve this language barrier thingy, Scott's reco of buying off the net is best taken, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back