Update on the New Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostit

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a bit of an update : I bought the Xmoto xb31 250cc, built it today (even got the handle bars the right way).

So as warned the instructions were rubbish so they were in the bin straight away, took about an hour to build it (hadn't done it before) filled her up with new oil and some petrol and away I went.

1st problem back break wasn't working
2nd problem wasn't idling would cut out in neutral
3rd problem over inflated the tyres a bit so was sliding all over the place

So with these semi fixed I thought I would have another blast all good for about 20 mins until I hit a pot hole (luckly going fairly slow) came off and broke the clutch lever. Bugger.... I was a fair distance into the bush and not in Neutral and lots of hill climbing around for me.

So I managed to get her going again and away I went thought I would just get home if I didn't do anything stupid, it was still changing gears ???? so I left her in second and up the hills I went.

I was about 5 mins from home feeling good that I had made it this far when bang hit a rock off the side and into long grass bike fell to the right and broke the bloody front break lever. Couldn't believe there I was half way up the hill with no front break no clutch and a dodgy back break, couldn't get her to start through the electronic ignition???? it's like the battery is flat.. Had to push drag this bike up the hill and then a bit of a down hill run to home.. Oh forget to say that I also bent the front disc aswell :rolleyes:

What a day, Still feeling good about the bike she's got some power and looks good as well just have to get some decent levers any suggestions on the better quality levers?? and what could be going on with the electric starter do the batteries need an initial charge?

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• DSC00318.JPG
    DSC00318.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 30
The battery will need to be filled with acid and charged for 3 hours (or whatever your charger says)

Thats why it went flat,

Latest posts

Back