Upgrade to bigger wheels, What bearings???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonner

Reaction score
Hi Guys, hoping someone can help. I recently got a set of 12" & 14" wheels for my sons pitty, I have a problem where the new wheels are 15mm axel & the old are 12mm.

I was originally told you could by a bearing that was 35mm OD with a 12mm ID, no problem I thought, the thing is the only bearing I can find is 12.7mm ID, 1/2" in the old scale & obviously too large for a 12mm axel.

I was going to buy a couple of 1/2" high tenisle bolts, but at $36.00 each with the hardware I thought I might ask here first to see if anyone else has an easy fix that would also save me a few bucks.

any help is appreciated

you need to buy new hubs as there isn't a bearing manufactured with a 15mm bore that will fit into the hub as the OD of the bearing is to large........i sell bearings for a day job and i tried looking for bearings to help another fella out with the same problem and i cant find one any where i spoke with nsk, timken, skf, fag, ntn, asashi, and a few others and no one could help, so its either new hubs or modify your swinga

just make a reducer? get some solid bar 15mm thick and drill out 12mm but it has to be perfect so i sugest using a lathe. if you aint got one just go to a machinist and they will do it for you

Latest posts

Back