Upgrades for an Orion Rampage Field Bike Pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CATKICKER

Reaction score
Yo Doggs,

I have been reading this forum for a week or so now and now that I have purchased my bike (it is on the way) an Orion Field Bike Pro (same as on this site - www.poweroffroad.com) - pic at the bottom! I thought I would post after searching and not finding the answer to my question....

I have also noticed there are a few young smart arses who have nothing positive to say so please keep this in mind! I am just getting in to this, I purchased a cheap bike because I figure it could turn into another trend (like my go kart that sits there but I have a few mates buying them also) and I have obviously just purchased this bike so I don't know what is avalible!

That said, I have the following questions.

I have heared the handle bars could do with upgrading... if this is true (they look like BMX bars) what do I get and how much should I expect to pay?

The front wheel is 14" and the rear is 12" with a bigger tyre... Is this big enough, do these need upgrading too?

I think the bike is one of the better of the Orion range (wave blade disks, up side down forks, MIKUNI carb ect) however what else should I consider replacing / upgrading? (would be nice to get an edge on my mates and would also be nice to get them before the bike arrives (within 20 days).

Anything else you can share would be much appreciate and I look forward to yours comments.

Thanks in advance!

Todd

ef1b2zq.jpg

reffering us as dogs aint cool. anyway red barron mx bars are roughly $100 no need for replacement tires yet, yes they will die very very soon because they are shit, good quality tyres kenville etc will do the trick. replacing or coil welding the foot peg mount would be a smart idea because these mounts seem to bent quite alot. for speed ill reccomend changing your current 48t sprocket with a 37t one. for power change carb to 26mm. i find that these bikes front forks are way to soft so changing the oil to some thicker stuff would be good. any further performance mods 2 this ducar motor would be shit. dont expect too much from this bike it will dissapoint you when it breaks. and i know from experiece!!
good luck
CHEERS DANIEL

Ha ha, can't believe you got upperty wtih doggs! :p

appreciate the replay tho!

I don't expect the world from this bike as it is probaly going to end up being a once a montha! (the GTR will always reign supreme!!) but would be good to get the full potential from it..

Thanks for you advice! I will do those things (my make is a fitter and turner and he had purchased one too so I will get him to make a few new pairs for pegs!)

I have been looking at getting pro tapers for handle bars, has anyone doe this??

Cheers, Todd

yes protapers are the same as the red barrons same price 2. they just look different seeing how your bike has black anodized rims ill suggest 2 go 4 the black protapers. they look sikkk

red baron bars are slightly longer than the tapers, i cut mine down to the taper size and now they are the same :D

Best mod's for this bike it to bin it and buy something good =)

Excellent! Thanks for that guys! I will keep an eye out for some black pro tapers! How much should I expect to pay and where should I look (just ebay again?)

Thanks!

watch out on ebay, some sellers are selling fake pro tapers, but using a real pro taper pic. i'd buy from an actual shop, so u can see what you are getting.
they are about $90.

Thanks guys!

I have been told to remove and loctite most of the bolts as they will shake loose even when tightened. (is this a fair call?)

I was thinking about replacing them with a better quality item at the same time... good idea or not really worth it as it is only a cheap bike (you can't polish a turd :) )

If i was you i would replace all the major bolts with high tensile ones. A couple of the bolts going through my sprocket into my hub snapped in half! when i get the new rim on warrenty i am going to replace the bolts with high tensile ones and also loc tite them. Ive also heard its a good idea to replace the swingarm bolt with a high tensile one aswell. Once my bike is done im gonna replace all the major crap with high tensile bolts.

cheers geezus, I will look at doing that once I get it (to know what sized bolts I need to get!)

I think I might just run a line of weld to strenghten the pegs... I am going to upgrade the bars to pro tapers (should I get new grips at the same time?)

I will also follow the steps for preparing a new bike on this site and change the oil and plug after the first tank!

Hope all goes well! I can't wait!!

may as well get new grips...ones that are actually comfy and not rock hard plastic lol.

Latest posts

Back