Urgent help required!!! Bled front brake and master cylinder emptied! Now no pressure

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEE8SS

Reaction score
Hi, as you have read in the title. I was getting my missus to help me bleed the front brakes on my new pitpro 140 bigfoot to get rid of the standard factory crap and my missus wasn't watching and let the master cylinder run dry!!!! so then i contined to bleed them pumping holding the lever halway in and cracking it to get the fluid to strt flowing again as it wasn't. then i put a good 250mm through it and thought there was no air left. anyway replaced the cap and have got no pressure at all!!!!

bad news is i have organised a ride with a few mates tomorrow and need to sort it out asap!!!! thanks everyone

you just gotta keep bleeding it until you get pressure back, it's full of air bubbles

so how's the best way to bleed it now. leave the master cap on???? or off???? how will I know when it has bled them off as I had a clear line running off the bleed nipple and there was no bubbles in that at all

leave the cap off, leave the nipple done up... slightly squeeze the lever in until you see a small stream of bubbles coming from the master cylinder port at the bottom of the brake fluid reservoir... it's a time consuming process, but unfortunately a necessary one now you have air in the lines...
tis simple enough to rectify, just takes awhile..

Ok, so the air has to come out of the top of the resovior not the bleed nipple on the bottom. makes sense as air would rise in fluid. thanks guys. is nthere any other tips I need once the air is out. obviously as the air comes out there will need to be fluid added to the resovior??? thanks a heap

the air that comes out, and the bubbles that rise to the surface are bloody small... wont take a great deal of fluid to replace the air lock... once the air is out, the brakes should naturally bleed themselves.. or at least have some sort of resistance against the lever once the air lock is removed.... once you start getting a bit of resistance, then you can start bleeding from the nipple on the caliper..

I had a massive drama trying to bleed the rear brakes, I ended up getting a syringe and pushing fluid back up through the line from the nipple, worked a treat

the best way to bleed brakes is to get a piece of thin fuel hose, or any rubber hose, put it on the bleeder nipple and then into a bottle of coke with it pierced through the bottle cap, have the bottle filled half way or 1/4 way up with fluid and make sure the line is actually in the fluid, and just keep bleeding it. there are many ways... but this works best for me at work... never once had an issue with this method.
you can start by filling the cylinder up, closing the nipple, press the lever multiple times, release the pressure and start over too...
just my 2 cents, but works for me on brembo brakes, dont see why it cant work here....

Latest posts

Back