USD Fork trouble.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts 4 50s

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have a Pitboss 110 with USD for that have a problem. I think they have what you would call "Slop in the forks".

When i pull up on the bars or lift the front of the bike, there is play in the travel of the fork, it probably moves an inch. its like there is something missing, like a circlip.

Im not sure if they have the right amount of oil in the fork.

Any info would be much appreciated, as i am pretty noob when it comes to forks. :)

Also wondering if these would solve the problem? Fork bushings from faster minis

Last edited:
sounds like its probably the springs. if they are of a poor quality, the steel will lose its memory, and the spring will slowely collapse over time. have seen this in machines other than motos, but a spring is a spring. there isnt much inside there that could fall off without you noticing, but either way wouldnt hurt to pull them apart and stick the correct amount of fresh oil in there while your at it.

sounds like its probably the springs. if they are of a poor quality, the steel will lose its memory, and the spring will slowely collapse over time. have seen this in machines other than motos, but a spring is a spring. there isnt much inside there that could fall off without you noticing, but either way wouldnt hurt to pull them apart and stick the correct amount of fresh oil in there while your at it.

Yeah true, i have had them apart before to have a look. There is an internal part that is seperate to the actual fork tube itself. One side is for absorbing shock and other is for spring. im not sure if there is air or oil in either.

One of the internals had a valve (same as a car or bike). Not sure if it has air/oil in it.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Latest posts

Back