valuve breathers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockey1989

Reaction score
are they worth gettin?? me n mates ride every where from tight tracks to the bush??:D

nar not really , definately not a noticable mod , you may as well make your own , rather then spending $25+ on one.

There not really nessasary as these motors dont put out enough HP to worry about it. Its more of a bling thing in my opinon.

Drill you tappet cover, tap a thread into it, screw a brass air hose connector into it, presto instant valve breather!

totally not needed, unless your running a high HP engine.... and no a ducar with a NGK plug doesnt count as high HP hahaha:D

well said pitmaster im just startin to work mi lifan 125 n m after cheap easy mods any help :)

Agree on Crf's they look trick (even if they are stock), but anything else i reckon they look tacky, unless they are really needed,

I only put one on my 150 for the wank factor but it does pump a fair amount of air out of it, so id say it is probably a good thing for your motor with less pressure on your seals etc. No noticable power gain though, but with so little hp anyway any tiny amount is something i guess. Just like my uridium spark plug and inferno coil. Didnt notice any difference but in theory there probably is.

what are valve breathers? what do they do and how do they work? I honestly have no idea!

what are valve breathers? what do they do and how do they work? I honestly have no idea!

it real simple terms they are a outlet somewhere on the outside of the head(i think its the little cover that goes over the valve) and sometimes(well my brothers does) dipstick. Its to relieve crankcase pressure. Its mainly for highly modified engines or turbo/s/c setups really. Somewhere inline should be a pcv valve as well

On car you would call its a oil catch can setup these days(well wanker drifters call it that anyway same shit different smell)

Latest posts

Back