valve adjustment

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone is familiar with adjusting valves on a lifan 140cc as my 140 is making tapping sounds, i was told that they have a anti kick back mechanisim under the rocker cover i have seen it but dont know how this would affect valve adjustment?, i have followed the bbr vid i have adjusted the valves to .002 top and .003 bottom valves but still tapping alot i could really use some help as its starting to really piss me off.

Last edited:
anti kick back ?? wtf maybe on the cam ... take the covers off and look to see if theres anything else you can adjust

nah mate

Thanks for trying to help but there is nothing else you can adjust, i was told to ignore the notches on cam wheel and flywheel as you must pay attention to this anti kick back mechanism?? apparently it must not be engaged when adjusting valves.. or it will be out of wack.

have you checked the measurements in your manual? .002 sounds wrong, should be more like .004 or .005 right? especially if it's a 140... I'm no expert though.

no manual

it did not come with a manual.. im sure i have read a few posts that have said .002 and .003.

Braaap claim the manual for the 140 is .004 and .004 so that what i went, seems to work well

thanks

thanks for the reply but i have seen that video, has anyone actually got a lifan 140cc that has left comments on this thread :confused:

thanks for the reply but i have seen that video, has anyone actually got a lifan 140cc that has left comments on this thread :confused:

yes I have a lifan 140cc and I followed the video instructions .

anti kick back

what doesnt make sence is that i have adjusted my vavles to .002 top and .003 bottom shouldnt that stop all ticking since there is no gap between vavles, what i am getting at is there somthing i am missing when im adjusting them ie, anti kick back mechanism position, as i have put the fly wheel and cam in alignment with notches on motor..

to be honest my 140 has a light tick and my 125 did as well, my brothers lifan 150 also has a light tick . Maybe thats just the way they are

that video was huge help to me
plus his one on the clutch adjustment

ffs

i call on cactus please tell me what to do, lord have mercy!! :confused:

wrong

look mate thanks for your feedback but your advice is wrong ok, dont worry i guess no one here knows what im talking about i will let you all know soon whats the deal....:D

look mate thanks for your feedback but your advice is wrong ok, dont worry i guess no one here knows what im talking about i will let you all know soon whats the deal....:D

this is a post on a thread that does mention the anti kick back mech and the problems finding tdc to adjust valves properly

The Lifan kicker mechanism does not disengage on a kick back until the kicker raises to a sufficiently high position. At least you have an after market cam in, so you don't have the problems with the Lifan anti-kickback mech making it hard to feel TDC in many situations.

My Lifan 140 never made tapping/click sounds, and neither does my Lifan 150. That was click free in stock form and after some new head parts went in.

I set clearances to 003 inlet and 004 exhaust. Actually those are the largest feeler gauges which just did fit, so my clearance is a little wider than that. Both engines ran great.

If you have tapping then maybe it's not due to your rocker clearance. If you are sure it's coming from the head, then some ideas:
* Turn engine over by hand with spark plug out and listen and look. eg. timing chain.
* Check cam chain tension.
* Pull out the rockers, cam and valves and inspect everything.
* Try some Akunar valve springs.
* Try some valves, Honda rockers, spring and even the cam from Akunar. Get some spare valve stem collets in case you lose one.

Last edited:
xxx

(XXX primary school days)>>> see i told you !!! ner nerni ner ner bah ha ha ha!!!!!

.005 inlet .007 exhuast on the compression stroke, when the keyway( notch) on the magneto faces the cam ( piston comes up twice per cycle )

Latest posts

Back