Valve Clearance?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Na$hY14

Reaction score
hey guys do you know what is the valve clearance
is for the ducar 125's? im not sure but a mate of mine
told me its 0.5 for inlet and exhaust. is that right?

That would be safe, better a little extra clearance than not enough, but perfect should be about .3 on the inlet and .4 for exhaust.

can you check valve clearances without stripping the engine down and draining the oil

That would be safe, better a little extra clearance than not enough, but perfect should be about .3 on the inlet and .4 for exhaust.

will that effect performance if the valves have extra clearance?

tubes, u just need to take off the valve caps which means the bash plate and the carb on mine (because it goes forward over the cap) to make life easier

yeah sorry your right thats 3 and 4 thou. Wasn't thinking clearly.

A tiny bit of extra clearance won't affect performance.

mack do u normally set the valve so it is tight on the feeler guage or so it can still move freely?? i only had a .006 as a minimum so set it pretty tight... not used to playing with valves as i got 2 bangers

You want to be able to feel pressure on the guage but be able to slide it with no worries. Also don't forget to make sure the valve is fully closed when you set it.

i normally turn it over with the kickstart til the inlet valve closes and it`s on it`s compression stroke til the kickstart looses pressure, before the exhaust starts to open and adjust them both then

Just gotta be carefull if ya have kicked it past TDC and you are running a big cam. Some start to ramp the exhaust valve very early.

Latest posts

Back