valve or rings?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sus1

Reaction score
went riding on my pitpro 140xr on sunday it was my 5th ride on it i was going around it 2nd with my 2 year old nefu on the front and the motor started making a clicking sound but it stoped for a sec but then the motor made a loud noise and then stalled..

so now it has no compression i took the spark plug out and looked in the bore to see id the piston was moving and it is. it wont start.

so im guessing its either a valve or rings .. i think more that its a valve becuz it wasnt blowing smoke witch usally a bike does wen u do rings.. its covered by warrenty but i just wanted to see wat u guys think it is..

cheers

bumb.... any 2 know before i tear the complete motor down? mite be a gasket maybe yeah?

What type of noise??? Do you still have compression? You might have done the big end bearing in?

it has no commpression at all i was just riding with my 2 year old nefu gently in 2nd then the motor started making a ticking noise after that it stoped for a sec and the it sounded like sumthing came lose and the just stalled and wouldnt start again

but wouldnt in be leaking oil if it was a gasket?

Not from the head gasket. Just loss of compression, wont start and it explains the ticking noise before it died.

jst talking to dad he said it sound like a top end problem such as bent valve, broken valve spring,cam sharf, eg.

take the head of and check it out

Last edited:
i found the problem ladies.. it seems they didnt tighten the top valve bolt and it fell thro the head and landed on the bottom valve cover :)

so to all those ppl who said i didnt run it in right and thrashed it till it broke are all dick heads and are rong

heres sum picks

bike007.jpg

bike006.jpg

bike005.jpg

valve nut came loose no thanks to pitpro it hit the exhuast valve put a dent in it and mite of put hole in top of piston

no i havnt put it back toghter yet becuz im still waiting on the parts to be sent -_-"

and yes i do have warranty but they are going to suply me the parts and im gona do it myself

what kind of oil you using, looks clean.

Thats cause it broke after only few minutes from him getting it:p

:(

the problem was a bent exhuast valve and it was stuck open and let all compression out :( im still waiting on the new head to come-.-" but wen it gets here im having it shaved :cool:

no man ill be there as long as i get the timing right wen i put the new head on

i see in the other thread your up for a race. ok. just beginner i am. on a 125 but it keeps up with the 140's which im happy about. forks are bad though. really wanna know how to stiffen them alot. but yeah ill give ya a shot. that flat track makes for some good fun.

have yours got ajusters on the top? cuz mine are to soft 2 i wana stiffen em up

Latest posts

Back