VIC Fires

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Reaction score
Im sure everyone has heard about the spots of fires in the Bendigo area. Tragic event, i hope they catch the bastards that started them. I have relatives up there. Anyone else in that area? God bless to the survivors, RIP the deceased. Stay safe guys.

yeah mate they should be stoned to death as far as I'm concerned .... I'm just over the border in the mountians in Jindy and today you couldn't see the range for smoke.

Funny you should say that. Me and the fellas at AUSRC.com came to the conclusion of stoning the assholes aswell. I just hope my family up there stay safe....

im just curious, how do people end up dying in these fires? is it because they stay and try and defend their property or does it just happen so fast they dont have time to react or...?

i hope this doesnt sound disrespectful or anything, because thats not my intention at all, i just keep thinking to myself if i found out there was a bushfire anywhere nearby i'd throw some personal stuff into my car and get out of there asap.
it seems crazy to risk your life for a building.

im just curious, how do people end up dying in these fires? is it because they stay and try and defend their property or does it just happen so fast they dont have time to react or...?

i hope this doesnt sound disrespectful or anything, because thats not my intention at all, i just keep thinking to myself if i found out there was a bushfire anywhere nearby i'd throw some personal stuff into my car and get out of there asap.
it seems crazy to risk your life for a building.

imagine a huge fire in the bush, then add 150km/h wind, the fire spreads pretty f@#king fast

Combination of both twisties. Many people have fire plans, and will stay and defend their homes. Often sucessfully.
Sometimes people stay because they are not in the direct path of the fire, but their homes are under ember attack and therefor susceptible to spot fires, that they can combat. Then the wind changes and they are caught.

Some people will stay and defend no matter what happens. And sometimes they live in areas where there is only one way out, and the way out is blocked by the fire so there is no choice.

And in the case of Saturday, sometimes it just comes so quickly, there is no time to do anything.

If you are caught, you have more hope in your house than anywhere else. As with most bushfires, many of the dead are in cars where they tried to out run it or left it to late to leave.

Most of the areas that have been hit are known bushfire areas. Most of these people are prepared and have defended their homes on numerous occasions. Many of those people are saying this one was like nothing they've ever seen. It was a combination of perfect bushfire conditions.

Intense heat + intense wind + severe drought + time since last fire = perfect bushfire conditions.

Well said Skylar ...and yeah Twisties you can't fight or out run anything like this .... we had a pretty heavy time of it in the fires up here in 2003 .... I've seen fire moving at speed through the trees even the horses couldn't outrun it ... I was sh@tting myself .... but this was on another level again .Like Skylar said these, like anyone who's dealt with it before were not fools. From all reports these fronts moved so fast no one had a chance .

the fire front that got kinglake moved and burnt out more than 46km between kilmore and king lake in less than 3hrs and kept going to burn a further 50km's in a shorter time than that

you cant even begin to imagine a 10km wide wall of fire 40mtrs high heading for you at an average speed of 15kph heading strait for ya

nowhere to run!!!! with fireballs traveling at you at 100kph

worst thing is it's still burning

its happened here before too and its hard to comprehend sometimes how much damage it can cause, the bastards who light them intentionally should be burned to death themselves.

Not everyone expected these fires and some were in area's that usually have no hope of getting fires. The one's that have spread from Churchill through Grand Ridge and down Yarram way were horrific. My mates Dad was patrolling the area when he seen the fire jump 20km over a ridge right in front of his eyes!! The township of Yarram was very lucky, they had to dig fire breaks around most of the town just to stop. The temperature with all the smoke outside was 50c!! Feel sorry for Maryvale, the whole entire town had to sit on the oval while the fire went through. There is no township at all anymore. No houses, shops, nothing from what I have heard.

Worse part is that the wind has turned around now, blowing the fire away from the town, but pushing it back through the hills. Apparently it is heading towards the open cut coal mine near long yang. Don't know how bad it is but if they catch on fire properly, it could take months to get that fire out.

My thought's go out to all affected by this tradgedy.

ye im in endeavour hills and last 2 weeks ago in churchill is right near us and we could see the flames everything!! i was getin ready to chuck my bikes on the trailer lol buts its all good now the closest fire to us atm is king lake :(

108 died was the last report i heard this morning, thats bad, couldn`t think of a worse way to go

yeah mate they should be stoned to death as far as I'm concerned .... I'm just over the border in the mountians in Jindy and today you couldn't see the range for smoke.

nar thats too good for them. they should be burnt alive with a lighter by the families who lost families members starting from at the feet. i bet theyed do it too. cause sh#t i would.

108 died was the last report i heard this morning, thats bad, couldn`t think of a worse way to go

yeah thats a pretty bad way to go but my dads gf was saying they die from smoke inhilation first so hopefully they dont feel it. hope they catch the pr*%ks who done this.

motorvert man

if loy yang goes up we wont have power for a very long time

It's not the power plant itself that is the real worry, it's just all the coal around it. Fire can burn in open cuts for years. Very hard to put out.

made my way back home from melb yesterday wat i shore was very upseting to see soo many houses gone and so many lives taken i got 1 photo of a house that was burnt the people in beachworth and yakadanda and all surranding areas well most likely have to leave there houses as the wind is goin to pick up and change direction im goin up in next hour to yaka as i got family there to help them get out as there on a top of a hill were its realli dry

Attachments

• 104_0136.jpg
    104_0136.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back