vicroads keep moving the goalposts on rec reg rules

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik140rocket

Reaction score
hi has anyone noticed vicroads keep changing the rec reg laws as in lighting must now be only the type intended for motorcycles. magneto systems are now acceptable in the laws and on further enquiry to the vicroads HOTLINE. (i do not call a 18 minute wait a hotline) lol. chinese or similar pitbikes that have not been rec reg'd before require a import certificate from the original importer that imported the bike into the country. thus rendering my secondhand atomik 140 (previous owner cant remember getting one with the bike!) compleatly useless for rec reg. f#%$ it.

damn I was gonna get rec reg, looks like that won't be possible for me too

is it a import certificate or just a recipt cause i was told that it only had to be a recipt that showed the vin no or engine number or something like that on it, it only has to be a hand written thing it didnt need to be a full on typed up recipt thing, thats what i was told???

YOU DONT NEED TO SELL IT!!!!!

atomik have records of all the bikes they sell, all you need to do is call up and harass the shit out of them to fax you a copy of the document for your bike.

other than that you can get in touch with DOTARS (department of transport and something something)
who are the people who issue the import approval documents, thay also have records and they can get it to you.

also, if your bike was not given import approval when it arrived you can send all the info and pics to dotars and they can issue it, think that costs you about $50.

hope this clears a few things up for ya.

also you dont need the original reciept, as long as you have A reciept with the vin and engine number on it your fine.

get your best mate to write you one with a fake name and details if you have to.

Latest posts

Back