Voltage Output Test

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstcraig

Reaction score
Gady All anyone know the procedure for testing the voltage output of the stator/magnito for the Chinese quads any help would be appreciated

yeah mate you just hook up a mulitmeter to the regulator/rectifier if you dont have one you can make one easily from the regulator of an old alternator and buy a rectifier from jaycar/dick smith ect if you decide to do that let me know and ill put some pics up and guide you through it as thats what i did for my outboard only cost 5 dollars

Make sure the pickup on the stator plate clears the magnet on the flywheel by 10 thou not 10mm and both are clean the stator plate has several wires coming from it the green or black are generally earth wires yellow red or white are generally power, the stator plate should put out around 1 – 2.5 volts from at least one of the power wires when being cranked over if no volts are found, then the stator plate is stuffed,
ohms testing for the stator , the ohms reading is pretty close to 100ohms, any more or less is a sign it is on its way out and obviously if theres nothing then its dead. you test the green and blue wires..swap with a working one.

:grinning-smiley-003Thanks for that sounds the same as a inline four road set up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back