voltage rectifier

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyrules

Reaction score
ive got a pitpro 125 and im wanting to get rec rego for it so im sorting out the wiring to run a headlight n stuff. i checked the wiring diagrams from bikes that have elec start and the only thing i was missing was a voltage rectifier which is supposed to turn the voltage from ur motor into DC12V so u can run stuff off it or charge ur battery etc. so ive wired it up and im only getting 4V. not sure why that is but 12V would be better. its not a huge problem coz as long as it can power a light and make my stoplight work for the test then im sure itl be fine.

any thoughts tho?

ive got a pitpro 125 and im wanting to get rec rego for it so im sorting out the wiring to run a headlight n stuff. i checked the wiring diagrams from bikes that have elec start and the only thing i was missing was a voltage rectifier which is supposed to turn the voltage from ur motor into DC12V so u can run stuff off it or charge ur battery etc. so ive wired it up and im only getting 4V. not sure why that is but 12V would be better. its not a huge problem coz as long as it can power a light and make my stoplight work for the test then im sure itl be fine.

any thoughts tho?

The voltage should vary depending on how many rpm the engine is doing. When you rev it check if you get more volts.

nah its constistently around 4V. the whole point of the rectifier is to change to AC voltage that goes up coming out the engine into DC 12V which is useable for lights n stuff. i dont the the 4V will bother me tho coz i only want the lights n stuff for the test and itl be day time so it wont matter if there dull. as long as they light up

were did you get your voltage rectifier from and how much was is because i just got all the lights and stuff i need for reg but i dont have the rectifier.
thanks

Latest posts

Back