wakeys crf 70 yx150 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakey

QLD Beach Killa
Reaction score
righto , couldnt stand the shock anymore on the atomik, so with the help of master spanner spinner ROTN50 we got to work changing a "few" things:
- new 2 pot full brake set up
-cnc anodized light swinger
-dnm adjustable rear shock
-new fast ace as01's
-new seat
-new fuel cap and breather
-new bars
-new triple clamps
-new kill switch
-new vinyls" for a klx125 but i made them fit/ choppy choppy lol"
-stripped and cleaned 30mm carby
-checked/changed valve timing
-new spark plug
-new coil & waterproofed wiring
-re greased, tightened,lubed everything. enjoy
so before:

removing old shock and swingarm:

new dnm adjustable shock, and cnc swingarm:

mick hard at work:
removed old forks:

fitting the new fast ace aso1's :)

all back together:

old "well 2 months old" spares:

klx framed goodness as a spare :)

now to make it look as good as it goes:

Last edited:
Man that is looking beast!!! and looking good Mick, nothing like having a tech savvy mate to help you out :)

gee money bags! haha. where and how much were the as01's if you don't mind me asking?

scratch that I just found the answer haha

Damn dude, you were up all nite.

How the hell you got those klx140 decals chopped and fitted like that is amazing, she sure does look top notch.

It's unusual also that the parts fitted were basically swapped over with minimal dramas, the only prob was finding the goddamn 8mm socket lol. I must say that's one sexy atomik/custom. Your eyes must be bleeding at work today from lack of sleep.

Nice work, sweet lookin bike and i bet she feels a ****e load better than with the original shocks, mine were used for about the same time frame, still sitting ni the shed somewhere with 1 ride old oil in em LOL, i'll swap em out with the wifes bike when she eventually blows a seal on hers... That rim tape/rim sticker really sets it off, bet it was a PITA to put on straight though?

The rim tape was for a 17" and a19" wheel, I had to heat and stretch it into place, had enough left to cover the tops of the swinger to protect it :)

Looks the Shiz mate, top job getting the kit to fit. Reckon some fat bars to finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You guys done a great job looks real trick i like the rim tape might have to do the same on the braap. And that red swinger looks great also.

and again ild like to thank Mick "rotn50" for all his help, it has completely transformed the bike :)
literately couldnt have done it without him.

:action-smiley-035:

No worries mate, its what i like best, helping out and modding piddys. And that atomik is really getting there now, you may need insurance if you get a flat tyre as i would be scared to damage the rim tape lol:hidesbehindsofa:

right i kept having the sprocket bolts loosening and getting close to the old swingarm.
thats not going to happen with this shiny beauty:
old bolts

RED loctite, stainless,bolt,washers,and nut

making sure it was not bent and was sitting flush

new bolts washers nuts and loctite in

always check the rear bolt is truly tight

no worries now :)

Thats the way mate, those days of loose bolts destroying hubs is now behind you, where you just bragging with the snap on spanner cause ya know i use calibre spanners from supercheap lol. Just jokes lad hahaha

ha ha nah its all, good.
frankly i didn't even realise lol, its pretty much all the stuff in my boxes.

and p.s Mick no probs finding that 18mm today , :LolLolLolLol:

Latest posts

Back