Wanna put an 88 head on crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
I have no idea... I just know I want it to go a little better and have a bit more pick up down low. What should I get or do? I've just pulled the head off my engine due to complete boredom and it doesn't seem that hard to swap a head over. Which one should I look at? I am a bit of a tight ass so I don't really want to spend more then $500.

I don't really wanna put a china head on it... That is my old engine styv didn't you get it off rhys?

I have a good pipe but stock carby. What carby should I be looking at? Also is there a carby I could get for now to see if I like it, but if I don't would work with an 88? if you know what I am trying to say.

Yes yes... china v jap blah blah. I am not really interested in all that. I'd rather just not buy a second hand china head that is in a semi stuffed engine that has been around the block. Just wanna hear what people think, rather just buy a kit then just one bit here and there as then i have more chance of screwing it up.

you can pick up crf70(pz16) copy carbs for like 20 bucks off ebay, some guys even run pz19 copies on 50's. The place i go to in braeside sells pz19 copies for $15 cash. If using the stock head i would just open up the inlet on a stock manifold and taper it down to the stock size as the inlet on the head isn't big(like 13mm). The problem with running a bigger head on a stock piston is the larger dome on the head means you will lose compression and therefore lose low down power as said

where in braeside do you go? I'm only in mulgrave so not far from there. wouldn't the piston always been changed anyway if you change the head? I was just assuming i could buy a kit that would include head, barrel piston etc.

The Braeside joint is on the street beside Kumbak, off Governor road. I'd say who it is but their not a site sponsor. Starts with B, ends in LYGO. check ebay

yeh thats the place,its just a factory with no signage whatsoever, go there occasionally when i need little bits and pieces, he lets me go through the shelves and pick out what i want, doesn't have top end stuff and what he has this week might be totally different to next week, but always end up getting alot of stuff for whatever change i have spare

Latest posts

Back