Want a more powerful front brake

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth111

Reaction score
Hey guys, how is everyone? I have a ProX 140, great little bike for it's price, anyway my question is, does anyone know where to get a decent braided brake line for the front brake and possibly a better master cylinder? At the moment the front brake isn't very powerful at all, i have changed the brake fluid to a decent DOT 4 one which has made a noticeable difference but is still not powerful enough. Would like to change the brake line to a decent one and if this doesn't help then would look at changing the master cylinder, if anyone knows where i could find these parts please let me know because the parts on my bike at the moment are crap.

Cheers Ryan

New Page 1

Hey Mate,

Drop Pete an email or give him a call. He has some super sweet 4 piston little brakes at the shop from memory which are about $120? I think he even has some Brembo brakes there too! He is a good bloke who knows what he is talking about and will be able to help you mate.

Grant.

Thanx mate i'll give him a go :)

I've sent him an email, see how i go. Does anyone know of anyone around Brisbane that sells this kind of stuff?

Last edited:
You can't use brembo ones because they need a special bracket which is $260.

I highly doubt that.

I have a pitpro caliper and Line if you are interested.

Seth there must be something not quite right there coz i can do a stopie on my prox. The front brakes on the prox are usualy really good. It may come down to your brake disk? Take a photo of that and post it- know my mates bike has a different disk on his mini and his brakes are shite.

G'day Kourt, i don't kno how to post a pic. I can't get the wheel to lock up without putting an extreme amount of force on the lever, i've checked to make sure the caliper is actually floating as i've had it jam on my YZ and then only 1 pad is doing the work. The guys from south aus fun bikes have a nice 4 piston brake set but i dont really have the 140 dollars that it cost. I kno i'm not going to get the brakes to work as well as a real moto x bike but i would like to b able to lock it up, any advice would b greatly appreciated.

Is your disk ventilated or is it just a a round(or wavey) disk with no holes at all?

Have already changed the brake fluid and bled the brakes, its not that hard, used to do it on my motocrosser

How exactly did you do it?

Did you pump the brakes for a bit to let fluid come through, and then release the valve thing to let air out?

my mate tried it on mine and it didn't work lol.

held the lever in while i cracked the nipple, let some fluid out, tightened the nipple and pumped the lever and reapeated.

Latest posts

Back