• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted 140cc engine and up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3RG

Reaction score
Either new or used
Wanting to spend around 400
Sydney location

After anything from 140cc up.
Lifan zongshen z155ho ect

Just a suggestion, if you have 400 to throw at a 140 second hand, why dont you add another 60 odd bucks and buy a brqd new gpx 125 from dhz. They run a hi comp piston, have a strong bottom end, a oil cooler and a light weight outer rotor kit stock. It will definitely hang with 150s, and make a meal of most 140s stock, with some port work on the head it would more than likely destroy a stock 160 as the 150 and 160s dont like to rev past 9 to 10k, stock gpx has a 130000 rpm redline :)

Just a suggestion, if you have 400 to throw at a 140 second hand, why dont you add another 60 odd bucks and buy a brqd new gpx 125 from dhz. They run a hi comp piston, have a strong bottom end, a oil cooler and a light weight outer rotor kit stock. It will definitely hang with 150s, and make a meal of most 140s stock, with some port work on the head it would more than likely destroy a stock 160 as the 150 and 160s dont like to rev past 9 to 10k, stock gpx has a 130000 rpm redline :)

+2 on the gpx its a beast defiantly will smash any stock 140

Thanks guys. Will def be looking into that.

Also curios guys as to what carby should go on it.
I have a chinese Mikuni 22 3847
which came off a Lifan 140

I was also looking at these......
NEW Pitsterpro Z160 HO Race Engine 6 Plate HD Clutch Rotor KIT | eBay

Zongshen ZS155 HO Suits Pitster PRO Crossfire AND Most PIT Bikes Daytona Clutch | eBay

YX GPX 160cc 4GEAR Manual Clutch Kick Start Engine Motor PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike | eBay

would that last GPX be better than the 125 you talked about?

Ive got myself a rolling DHZ outlaw its pretty much new so I'm thinking do I spend the cash and put a new engine in it. Or I have my old Z160 HO I was going to take out of my old DHZ DPRO and whack it in.

you know the budget was 400 but now im just wondering if I just part with 600?
and what type of carby would you recomend with any of these engines?

Thanks guys.

personally id just go with a oko flatslide kit from dhz probably best bang for buck unless you wanna outlay $200+ for a carby.
Either the 24mm for the gpx125 or a 26mm for a 150/160, fairly simple to tune and theres an indepth guide on here thanks to Thump140

and engine depends on what you want/how you ride at the end of the day if i had my time again id just buy a z160 cause i bought the older gpx125 and before i knew it i wanted more power so i dropped another $400 or so in it with hd clutch and valve springs, 146cc bore kit and hi-comp piston, bigger head and a few other pieces..

The high comp gpx 125 takes a 26mm oko no worries at all, not even any bog off idle...
If you have the 600 to spend get the z160ho, its better than the 155z, and chuck some tb valve springs in it. The gpx is better in a light bike tbh, it doesnt have the torque of the bigger bore engines, but can certaintly match their top end power output.
If it was me, I would chuck your old 160 in the outlaw, with a fresh top end and a 26mm oko. Then when you have the cash, throw a gpx125 into your dpro. End result, 2 really fun bikes :)
I know from experiance a gpx125 makes a dpro boogey very nicely, and the extra torque from the 160 will suit the heavier outlaw.

After actually looking at the engines linked, that "155ho" looks to be the 160ho lol. Both engines have the same bore and stroke, but from my understanding the true 155z has a weaker bottom end being the original version and the 160ho being the updated model if you follow me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the 155Z has an oil spinner off the crank, as well as a troublesome gearbox, the 155Z engine and clutch cover look's like this on the right hand side

images

So stay clear of that looking one then?
When did they come out, are they still floating around?

The 155z's came out in January 2008.
The Z155HO was released in June 2010 so i doubt there's many, if any, new one's still laying around now.

I have seen them on blygo occasionally, but that was 6 odd months ago. The old atomik dealer in tas had a few on the shelf actually, and wouldnt order me in a ho, kept trying to push the z on me lol.

Latest posts

Back