warped brake disc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cass38a

Reaction score
I was floging my bike and the rear brake seized for no apparent reason. After cooling down for a few minutes it seemed to come good and I kept riding however I have now noticed that the disk is warped and grabs on a small section of each revolution. Any ideas if the brakes seizing caused the disk to warp (the pads holding one part whilst it cooled) or is it more likley that the warped disk came first??

Has this happend to any body else?

I had no front brake (snapped lever) and was giving it heaps so the brake was getting a lot of use. Why would it have seized?

same thing hapened with my thumpstar, only once and never again you just gota let it cool down.. i put water on mine not sure if that was a good idea or not :S

i have simler issue with rear wheel
when shes parked on her race stand and i spin the wheel
it spins 3/4's of the way freely and the last 1/4 feels like the disk is warped and grabbing on disk pad or axle nut is to tight and compressing the bearing

sound familier to anyone?
if its just a simple case of buying and fitting new disk then thats the only option is it?

my rims are near new and couldnt be buckled ether

Hey man, Just get new disks, I find that the Atomik ProX Disks are great, Because they are wavey cut theres less chance that the brake will clamp on it while parked, hope this helps.

i have simler issue with rear wheel
when shes parked on her race stand and i spin the wheel
it spins 3/4's of the way freely and the last 1/4 feels like the disk is warped and grabbing on disk pad or axle nut is to tight and compressing the bearing

sound familier to anyone?
if its just a simple case of buying and fitting new disk then thats the only option is it?

my rims are near new and couldnt be buckled ether

Thats exactly what has happend to mine. This aftenoon a mate said that heaps of bikes do it and he would just ride it as is. I wonder if we can all check our wheels and run a poll to see how common it is? Has anybody put on a new disk and not solved the problem (possible fault with the hub).

Latest posts

Back