washing ur bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThumpstarBoy

Reaction score
hey guys,

just wondering how u guys was ur bikes??do use just get the hose out and wash it or actually wipe it all?:eek: :eek:

cover the carby/airfilter with a rag and a bag.... plug the muffler with a rag or a muffler pug. dont hose the magneto lolz i done that once and needed to buy a new one lolz. so yeh go the hose out start goin at it ;) have fun

Hey mate,
I used to wipe it all, get the soap and what not on to it..but now i have found the ultimate way lol!
I just take it down to the local car wash (manual car wash) put a dollar in, get the high pressure gun put it on high pressure soap fro 30 secs and then on high pressure rinse for 30 secs! And shes spotless! not bad for a buck!
ohh and BTW i do cover up the exhaust and carbi with ductape.

everyone has different ways but there is a must: make sure you cover the airfilter and carbi with a plastic bag or rag, i use a plastic bag and also the exhaust. everything else you can pretty much get wet. i get a bucket of soapy water and a brush and scrub the mud off then rinse with my dads pressure blaster thing.

Cover airfilter & exhaust & hit it with a pressure washer (under $100 from Bunnings) - doesnt use too much water either'. Careful to dry out the brakes if ya going to ride it straight after or they might not work :O

lmao did that once riding with wet brakes lucky i wasn't going fast enogh to do any damag to my self.lol

Yeah whats the point in washing it unless its really clogged with mud?

i ride 6-7 days a week so theres no point for me to wash it
pretty much the only time i wash them is when i service them

i would ride my nike through the shallow part of the damn striaght after a ride in the mud or dirt.. comes off straight away, plus water saving :D

cover the carby/airfilter with a rag and a bag.... plug the muffler with a rag or a muffler pug. dont hose the magneto lolz i done that once and needed to buy a new one lolz. so yeh go the hose out start goin at it ;) have fun

I just poped my air filter off, turned the choke on ( seals carby ) and fuck the muffler just a china bike anyway.. plus the muffler has so much stuffing wouldnt even effect it let alone reach the engine lmao

i just washed mine for the 1st time :D

it was sooo clogged up with crap. so after reading this i just covered the carby and filter, and stayed away from the exhaust.

whats all this about the 'magneto' thing?

is that on the left hand side of the bike? isnt it covered anyway?

oh and i havent tried starting it yet, will let it dry out and then hit it with wd40!

I wash mine after every ride with just Hose and some "motorcycle wash" that we use on big bikes. I've never covered up the air-filter or exhaust, and never had a problem either. Just as long as you dont soak the air filter or shove the hose down the pipe your right ;)

I do preety much what every 1 else does cover airfilter and exhaust and hit it with presuer washer

Latest posts

Back