wat cc?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemo86

Reaction score
hey guys got a question bout road bikes....is there a restriction on wat cc u can ride when ur on ur P's??? or is it the same as L's???

i live in victoria

cheers

^^Why don't you post a link??

Here is some info about your motorbike license if you havn't already checked.

- Motorcycle - probationary licence : VicRoads

A quote (For learners/novice riders):

The list below displays details of commonly used makes and models of motorcycles that are approved for use by learner and novice riders under the new Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS).

The LAMS list will be updated on a regular basis as new models are approved by VicRoads.

In addition to those listed below, all motorcycles manufactured prior to 1960 with a cubic capacity up to and including 660cc, will be approved for use by learner and novice riders.

All currently available fully electric powered motorcycles will also be approved for use by learner and novice riders.

It is your responsibility to make sure that you are riding an approved motorcycle as produced by the manufacturer without any modifications designed to increase it's power to weight ratio. If you are a learner or novice rider you must only ride a motorcycle shown on this list.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/r...74DF03487/0/LAMSlistpublishedWeb3Sept2009.pdf

I can't really find anything to see if a restriction applies for your P's in VIC (I live in NSW). I don't think there'ld be a restriction though.

yeh ive read that n sounds like there saying L's and P's r the same :S

Licence restrictions for provisional rider licences
Automatic transmission motorcycles – You are restricted to riding an automatic motorcycle if you completed your pre-learner training course on one.
Zero Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) – You cannot have any alcohol in your system when you ride your motorcycle.
Demerit points – If you incur 4 or more demerit points during the term of your licence action will be taken to suspend the licence. Note that demerit points may carry over to your full licence.
Display of P plate – A P plate (red P on white background for P1 or green P on white background for P2) must be clearly displayed on the back of the motorcycle.
Helmet – You must wear an approved helmet properly fitted.
Motorcycles – You must only ride motorcycles that:
Are on the list of Approved Motorcycle for Novice Riders on the RTA website, and
Have an engine capacity not greater than 660ml, and
Have a power to weight ratio not greater than 150 kilowatts per tonne.
Passengers – You must not carry any pillion passengers.
Speed limit – You must not ride faster than 90 km/h on a P1 and 100 km/h on a P2, and must observe the speed limit where it is below 90 km/h and 100km/h.
Supervising a learner – You must not supervise a learner rider.
Towing – You must not tow a trailer or any other vehicle.
In addition to the above, the following restrictions apply from 1 July 2007:
Mobile phones – You must not use a mobile phone while riding or while your motorcycle ignition is switched on. This includes phones in the hands-free mode or with the loudspeaker operating.
Licence suspension for speeding – Your licence will be suspended for at least three months for any speeding offence.

Restrictions for provisional rider licence

I found this on the NSW RTA site.. It says we're restricted to that of the list :(.

Latest posts

Back