wat oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use BLACK & GOLD car oil 10w/30 $10 & it last 4 age's! no slipping clutch either!

motul only for all my bikes.
if your after quality, u go for the best.
belray is also good.

I Just stepped up to synthetic 10w40 I was told not to run synthetic till its been ridden about 3 months, also you should change your oil when it gets dark well if you have hceap oil its dark ne way lol

Franky told me you should start with Synthetic oil for the first tank [ Run in period] then change to Non-synthetic.

i got a litre of 20-50 oil can't remember wat name, it sounds like thumpsta and they sya to use it on chinese bikes like mine, works fine, now the engine turns over WAY easier!
it costs $19 for a litre though, i need like an extra like hundred mills or so but screw it, the bike isn't even worth another $10, lol!

i don't get it how ppl re-sell their bike 2 months old for $250 more than they paid on ebay, i would hav a go at em but dad chnaged the ebay password cos i bought a 110 without his permission, lol

even though it was 4 mi little bro, now he is 2 much of a bloody pussy to even ride the thing! and i hav 2 pay 4 it!!

Franky told me you should start with Synthetic oil for the first tank [ Run in period] then change to Non-synthetic.

Other way around mate :)
And i would only use synth after a good couple of tanks

apparently Penrite Synthetic 5 (5W-60) is one of the best oils you can use, i havent tested it yet but i will do soon.. its about $70 for 5 litres but from what ive been hearing it seems to be worth it

Just allways use 20 - 50W, you don't need anything else.

I use Castrol 4T oil. It is 10W/40 and it is pretty good. It lasts for ages and the bike runs good. My bike has a 125cc Ducar engine an this oil works the best in my engine

In 4 plate clutch packs (i.e. Lifan/Ducar) alot of people find clutches slip with synthetic oil and glaze the clutch fibre plates.In 5 plate clutch packs( i.e. Jailing) you can get away with synthetic oil.I never use synthetic in chinese motors coz at the end of the day all you ever do is pull out metal bits anyway.Synthtic oil generally produces less carbon than mineral based oil.SAE 30 lawn mower engine monograde oil is very good at helping sort out clutch problems especially on the earlier 3 valve 110cc engines and some of the new 138cc(127cc) and 140cc Outlaw Lifan engines IP54 and IP55.If you run say a takegawa or Honda engine i would definately run synthetics i.e Motul 5100.For those with IRK's and oil slings running greater RPM reduce your thickness to around 10W-30 for run in engines and 5W-30 for new engines.Definately change after 5-10 hours if you use the engine hard.For those with gear config 1 down 3 up increase oil change regularity due to increased wear on selector shaft generally associated with false neutrals.

Wrong way dude, mineral to run in then synthetic after that. Don't ruin another brand new bike.

Latest posts

Back