Wat should i do first.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg99

Reaction score
Hi

I am about to get my first ever bike in about i hour. I got the Atomik prox125.

Can anyone tell me wat things i should do before riding it. I have searched here and read about how to run it in, but can people tell me wat oil i should use, how much oil it takes, i know i need to tightn ever bolt i can see but any other advice would be greatly appreciated. cheers team

You should get a users manual with the bike. This will tell you how much oil it takes. Make sure the tyres are pumped up high enough. Don't just tighten all the bolts but get some locktite to make sure they don't rattle loose.

After riding for an hour or so check to see if anything has worked its way loose. Good luck & hope ya have fun with it :D

Locktight is the main thing you need,

get the red stuff, I tried using normal locktight, but it doesn't hold.

Bolts to do.

Headset Nut (large one under bars)
Footpeg bolts
Rear Sprocket bolts
Handlebar bolts
Rear shock Bolts
Rear swingarm bolt
all Plastics nuts/bolts

You won't need to touch any of the "engine" bolts as they are all locktighted from the Ducar Factory.. but anything assembled at the bike factory, might need looking at.

Get a decent air filter, and get the main jet changed from 95 to 102.5 or 105 in the carbi. (it's not hard to do yourself, but if not confident, just take the carb to a shop) Suzuki shops and kawasaki shops stock jets that fit, since there bikes have carbis that use the same/similar type jets.

Get some nice handlebars, the stockers bend if the bike falls over on it's own accord, let alone if you stack it.

Other than that, nothing else is hugely neccessary to touch.
You may want to replace the footpeg bolts with high tensile (suggested) cost around $5-10

Juls

Latest posts

Back