Water in carby

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davz

Reaction score
Hello, i just finished washing my bike, and when i started it to ride it into the shed, it wouldnt run properly, very loud and backfiring a fair bit, basically like a van running on 2 cylinders instead of 4, anyway, upon inspection i noticed i had lost the foam cover for my filter, could i have gotten water in my carby??? will i just go away or do i need to get it cleaned out???

i also just painted my bike, looks great IMO

moto.jpg

nice bike i would suggest you remove carb and clean it out with petrol makee sure its all out put it in and you will notice that when you put it on it should run normally, if it still runs crackely it would mean some water ran down into motor that shouldnt be a problem running through, when you do run the water through you really have to give it to make sure its all out HOPE IT HELPS. 8)
oh and by the way you shouldnt really wash your bike with a hose.
nice paintjob, what did you use to paint it. turned out great.
cute kid hehe

cheers daniel

yeah u would more than likely have to take the carby off and flush it out as db&pb said with petrol. also depends on how much water is in there if there a tiny bit u should be able to get it out by giving it a bit if its alot then ur gonna have to get it out urself coz it wont just go. ur best bet is to take it to a bike shop and get them to do it for u coz its quite hard.

oh and also when washing the bike next time i sugest a wet rag. :)

anyway nice bike man.

yo man, should always put plastic lunch bag over carby and exhaust so water cant get in them. once u do that, u can hose every part on your bike with out gettin water in them! take your bike for a ride and get rid of the water in the system, it might splutter a bit and try die out, but just keep it goin and it should improve straight away.

thanks guys, i will use a rag from now on and also wrap up exhaust and carby to rinse it off, thanks again

Hey Mate
1 Take the carby of
2 Get carby cleaner to generally clean the carby while your there .
3 Fina clean place where you can take it apart.
4 Take the float apart. I think there is no need to take the jets our.
Get your hands on some compressed air.Your local mechanic or YOu can buy a bottle at office works .And blow the carby weill ..Take the main needle out.
The carby will be as good as new when your done.

I never cover anything while I clean my bike. Sometime i even keep it running :) Never problems.But yeah a plastic bag works a traet cover your cdi,Voltage regulator ,and relay if you can be bothered.

Cheers
VAdim
Elstar

putting a bag over everything may seem to be a pain in the backside but in the end its worth it coz its even more of a pain fixing the bike later. :D

Latest posts

Back