wats with a 1/4 turn throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel40

Reaction score
is is worth getitng a 1/4 turn throttle dont stock throttles already go to 1.4 and there wide open i dont no whether to get one?? wats everyone think?? Cheers Daniel

No, don't get a 1/4, get a 1/8 turn. They are the way to go. The agb-29 stock throttle are very close to being 1/4 turn.

well 1/4 turn throttle means that you only have to turn a quarter of the throtlle to go from 0- wide open throttle oposed to your standard throttle. usually racers or people who now how to control the power of the bike use this upgrade i would not reccomend it if you are not used to your bike

soz to bump in but just curious what u ride sbd?

Yeah 1/4 turn throttles are mean ive got one on my motovert there not hard to control at all! so dont worry bout that its only a china 125 pit bike !!! it just means that uve got easyer acress to all ur power!!

Yeah I think they're great! You can gun it right before a jump and make flat out racing easier.

but which one 1/4 or 1/8 im confused now lol

when I bought my sons first bike (agb-21) it was like motoluver said, but worse, nearly 3/4 turn with 1/4 turn of free play in it. So I bought a what was then called a quick action throttle, it is actually 1/8 turn, and he started to control the bike much better. My other sons agb-29 was much better, almost no free play and stock 1/4 turn, after he rode his brothers bike for a few months, it seemed a lot more than 1/4 compared to the 1/8.
Now that I have said all that, Just get the 1/8. You will love it.

wats a good throttle for $40 bucks i want to get a completly metal one

none. u need to go like the 80 dolar ones trust me from experience

i wouldnt even worry about it unless uv busted ur stock one just leave it loool unless ur to lazy to turn ur throtle more....

where can u get a 1/8 turn throttle from???
and do they stop braking throttle cables?
thanks mick

yeh i do but it keeps snaping were the cable is soldered onto the litle knob that goes into the throttle housing!
would a 1/4 turn throttle help prevent this?

um i dunno....maybe your buying crappy cables i have a 1/4 turnt hrottle and there greta you can pull out of berms and tight situations heaps easily

a 1/4 turn throttle will prob break more cables in your case as youll be hitting WOT alot easier.
im getting one soon as my current one is 1/2 turn and i seem to have to adjust my hands alot to get to WOT and if i dont have time to adjust my hand grip i feel that im not getting the most power down.

1/4 throttle was in the first bike i even rode and its easty as piss i woudnlt have it any other way my mates bike have a 1/2 and your wrist was so umcomfortable trying to get to full throttle

u know what this means: u need to get a faster bike lol, if your wide open so long you mite want either shift up a gear or get a faster bike lol. but i can relate to you, my old agb when iwas going up to my jump at home id have to adjust my grip, but now on my rm, i have no touble, u usually have trouble getting to wide open lol

on ebay there are some billet, anodized 1/4 throttles with see through housings.

Latest posts

Back