wats wrong when 2nd gears gone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingterra69

Reaction score
i have a lifan outlaw 140cc an every time i click it into 2nd it just revs out like its in nautral i dont no wats wrong any pointers

Take the face-plate off and clean it out and give the gears a good clean, if that doesn't work I suggest taking it to a bike shop.

you cant tell just from you telling us it free revs in 2nd. make any noises or anything odd before it happened?

most likely you will have to tear it down.

Is it going 1,N,3,4? Mates lifan140 did that.... after that we stripped the bike.

If second gear is stripped then as nocrf50 said its better to look for a new motor unless u are willing to to tear down the motor and split the casing. This then involes finding the problem then sourcing the part u need then putting it all back together including new gaskets so for what its worth the new motor is the better and easier option

AGREED
thats why we buy chinnys bro

when the frame snapes get a new 1 when the donk dies get a new 1
what it aint like ya spent big coin in the first place so yip yip

new donk and then you also have a old 1 for spares now

cool hu

i have riden a bike with that problem, a pitboss empire 125.
2 gear was wrecked.
either order a new gear box from someone off ebay, or buy a new motor for like 200 bucks.
option 2) put up with it

maybe your selector is loose? happened to my mates bike. check that too before you buy a new engine.

Latest posts

Back