Weekend Ride!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br0die

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give a bit of a report back on my weekend ride - a few little stories of hilarity and stupidity in here!

So Friday night, myself and one of my chick friends headed out to Metro Rd (Perth, WA) and took my DHZ DPRO 160 out for a weekend spin!

We ended up getting there at about 9pm (it's pitch black that way by 5 o'clock) and so high beams all the way!

Driving down the road in to Metro Rd we came across a huge tree that'd fallen across the road.. and unfortunately was JUST too heavy for me to lift, so I popped the bike off the trailer and used it to 'attempt' to tow the tree out of the way (that would save me unhitching the trailer etc.. if it worked), but god damn those tiny 10" wheels.. they just spun! (It was a asking for a miracle, but worth a shot!).. so having a really ****ty driver of a friend, and me not having my license yet, I decided to make use of the situation! Unhitched the trailer, tied the tree up to the car and towed it out of the way - AND GOT TO DRIVE :D

So the tree was out of the way, and we were back on our way!
I couldn't be ****ed tying up the bike in the trailer again, so I just rode the entire 20odd km road in front of her, using her high beams to see.

Got ourselves a fair way lost, and eventually decided on a camp spot until there was daylight!

Come 7am the next morning, I got out and went for a spin!
There are some absolutely AWESOME rides around there, no matter what your ideal ride is! There's some awesome endurance tracks, some good straights, and I even came across a nice set of jumps!

Now being a daredevil and loving fmx, I decided I wanted to jump.
I've never jumped a bike, but figured it would be somewhat similar to riding BMX.

So I found this tiny jump, and got myself comfortable off this:

MHqt4.jpg

After jumping this one countless times, and being comfortable with the bike, I was tempted to step it up to the bigger one, with a landing, though I was doubtful I would be able to make the distance:

XURyS.jpg

In the end, I sucked it up and went for it, and ironically overshot it by a metre or two.

Then started to jump this one quite a few times.
After jumping this, I wanted to show off my feat and so got my friend to come down and watch. I jumped it perfectly the first time, and then the second time I must've distributed my weight completely wrong, 'cause the bike ended up vertical in front of me, and I decided to just bail.

No damage was done to myself or the bike, other than some bar movement!

So I went back to camp, fixed up the bars, tightened them back up, and then went back to try it some more! comfortably jumped it several times. Then with her watching me, I looked at this jump (which in the very beginning wasn't even contemplated in my mind.. it was simply off limits), and then looked at her, and she just shrugged:

KVrGq.jpg

After a minute or so of debating whether or not to do it, and whether or not I'd make the distance, I came to the conclusion that the distance was piss easy, it was just me that was stopping myself from doing it... so I hit the jump... aaaaannnnnnddd....

LANDED IT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!
I WAS STOKED :D

So then, before I got my hopes too far up and died, I decided to head back with a huge sense of achievement.

I then set back out to the jumps a few hours later (after spending some time riding the tracks) and decided to give it a go on the slightly larger one again (don't have any pictures of this one!). I don't remember what the hell happened on that one, but I remember hitting the jump, then being propelled ridiculously fast straight in to a tree. I have no recollection of what went wrong, and woke up with my head in the ground (ouch!)

Thankfully, I had bugger all injuries except a few grazes, and stood up jumping around naming every foul word under the sun until the pain went away!

As for the bike... the bars had moved ENTIRELY forward, the plastics cracked, the break lever snapped and there was a split in the fuel tank (thankfully it was split about 3/4 of the way up, so I could still run the bike as long as there was less than half fuel in there).

After this, I decided to just hit the tracks for the rest of the day.

Now here comes a couple of things that are going to make me sound like the biggest idiot that ever lived, and quite frankly, I have no idea why I did them... -_____-

First off, I went to take off after fixing up the bars, and managed to drop the clutch slightly in first gear, which as you'd expect, popped a mono.. the ****ty thing here is that the bars weren't as tight as I thought they were.. in fact, they weren't tight at all!
As soon as the front wheel lifted, the bars just went forward, and I lost complete and utter control!

I decide not to risk it, so I let go of the bike, and it wedge itself upright in a tree (no damage what-so-ever.).

I've learned my lesson about tightening your bars now!

Now this is the most idiotic thing ever.... and I have no idea why I'm even telling people, but oh well!

So riding around after fixing the bars, I decided I wanted to patch up the fuel tank so that I could have a decent amount of fuel in there.

I tried several idea such as wedging the split with bits of plastic, taping over the split, etc.. but the wedge wasn't enough, and the tape's adhesive just melted when it came in to contact with petrol.

So here was my ingenious (ridiculously STUPID) idea!

There was an empty tomato sauce bottle lying around from previous campers, so I cut out a square patch out of it, and use a lighter to melt it to the tank.

As you'd expect, the tank caught fire at the split, and I couldn't put it out..
I threw the bike on the floor (spilling fuel all over the place and igniting it), and ran for the 20L thing of water we had.

After putting it out, I looked at the bike, and funnily enough there was no damage at all, other than my pro taper bar protector being slightly black! (Haha!)

So after all the injuries, stupidity, fun, dirt, lack of shower, tinned food, and whatever else you encounter when camping, we were absolutely knacked and decided to leave a day early!

So we loaded up the trailer, and of course, she couldn't reverse a trailer... so I jumped in to save the day! (Keep in mind that I'm only 17, and have epilepsy, so I'm only just on my L's as of 3 days ago!) Dropped a wicked burnout in the pea gravel after, too.. she wasn't too impressed :lol:

Then road the bike the entire length of country roads back until we hit the main highway, loaded it up, and headed on home!

Well that's about it!
The bike went ridiculously hard, and still kept on pushing after every fall!
The OKO 26mm Flatslide with the 1/8 turn throttle makes a hell of a difference, and those pro taper bars are one of the best things you could ever invest in!

All in all, a fun weekend was had, and will hopefully going back out this weekend!

Sorry for the lack of pictures.. both of our phones died pretty much as we arrived, and I didn't bring a camera!

Cheers,
br0die

haha man, your lucky it diddnt blow up in your face!

Haha, I thought the exact same thing!

I ditched the bike, shouted "RUNNNN!!!!", but nothing happened, and the water was right by me, so I decided to risk it!

Thank god it turned out okay! Haha!

I really have no idea why on earth I even did it in the first place... I'm not usually that stupid!

I got quite a few looks from big bike riders as if to say "How the **** is that little thing going that hard?!" too, for anyone who needs some reassurance! It was quite pleasing :p

Could of been worse :)
Fire-motorcycle.jpg

last time i had an accident like that i managed to set fire to a icecream bucket half full of fuel (was cleaning out a carby) apparenlty when you set your back yard on fire with that much petrol grass doens't seem to grow back, even after 12 months.... Cool story though, next time get some vid of the jumps.

I really have no idea why on earth I even did it in the first place... I'm not usually that stupid!

dont feel bad, its not your fault you live in the city on the flat land where common sense was lost many years ago :) :cheeky-smiley-005:

ahaha Hillz, you smart ass :p

I think I was just hungover from the drinking the previous night and lost all ability to think!

Timeeh - Crap! That's unlucky!!! I had the intention of using my phone to video with, as I don't currently have a decent camera, but her car didn't have a USB charger like I thought it did :( So my phone died!

Next time I go, I'll be sure to at least take a camera and get some more photos! I know this was probably a boring read with the huge lack of photography!

Would've loved to show off how dirty both myself and the bike got after the wet tracks, too!

LOL great story, Glad you never lost your bike or blew yourself up.

Latest posts

Back