weightlifting. cargo containers are easy to move.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
i got a cargo container.

2 in fact.

i laid a big fat slab a few months ago for the convenience of having concrete for once. dirt sucks man.

i finally got off my scrawny bottom and started shifting one of them.

PICT0233 (Medium).JPG
only about 8 foot needed!

PICT0236 (Medium).JPG
someone used their head and decided the hubs alone have a better load rating than mounting the wheels as well.

PICT0231 (Medium).JPG
they didnt use their head when it came to how much force is on those welds! third time lucky... this was the first attempt. too embarrassing to take pics when they broke. :rolleyes:

PICT0243 (Medium).JPG
1 hard worked bottle jack :)

PICT0244 (Medium).JPG
tools of the trade. yes. a crowbar and a hefty lump of steel is all i need. oh, and bricks. bricks are always helpful :D

PICT0235 (Medium).JPG
another tool... yes, i did need my welder. this is my TIG for alloy, hence the "clean area" knob. only control it seems to be missing is "ramp up" slope. not bad for ebay :)
yes, its fairly large for a 200 amp inverter welder. because its an alloy (ac) welder, it actually contains two welders inside the box! one goes positive, one goes negative... clean area is the ratio between pos or neg.
just so happens it makes a great stick welder as well :D i am not wasting gas on a "temporary" weld!

i didna take piccies of my grinder, that just seemed silly.

PICT0237 (Medium).JPG

just need to nudge the bum over a few inches now...

PICT0245 (Medium).JPG

nudged :) didna even break a sweat yet!

PICT0249 (Medium).JPG

DONE!!!!!! my only booboo was making that slab about 20mm too short...

now...now its time to move the other one!

then clean up some of this junk... remove rust heaps... make money... :D

Last edited:
Ha ha nice work will make a decent work space all the best with it bud ! you wanna make me a custom pipe for my LXR ? im having a hard time finding a decent setup with the lxr daytona anima combo so i was thinking of modifying the original pipe to accept a crf150 slip on instead

Ha ha nice work will make a decent work space all the best with it bud ! you wanna make me a custom pipe for my LXR ? im having a hard time finding a decent setup with the lxr daytona anima combo so i was thinking of modifying the original pipe to accept a crf150 slip on instead

already asked if he would be interested in making a muffler for me :p
he said he only likes doin 2banger pipes

Ah damn i only really want a slip on adapter made so i can use the crf 150 slip on pipe options out there nothing too fancy lol

oi! you asked for a stealth muffler! :p they are not easy to make for the purpose you required! i still reckon the best bet is a car muffler!

whereas simply modifying a pipe to take a pre-existing muffler is no sweat... no sweat at all. sounds like rolling a piece of sheet and welding. too easy.

now, bending a whole pipe up goes back in the "too hard" basket... need a bender still. one day, one day...

depends really... im in sydney?

im in wollongong :) im keen to just use my original pipe buy a crf 150 slip on and make a slip fitting up to adapt it to the original pipe nothing major just need some one who's got welding skills ie : you LOL

If your interested let me know pm me your email address and ill send some pictures of the original setup and what I'm looking to do , what slip on pipe I'm getting etc ...

Cheers mate !

If your interested let me know pm me your email address and ill send some pictures of the original setup and what I'm looking to do , what slip on pipe I'm getting etc ...

Cheers mate !

Hey mate can't you take your pipe off and take it to an exhaust shop and get them to expand the end to fit the muffler you want so it will slip on nice and neat, or get a 200mm section expanded one end and reduced the other, that's what I did to my pipe on my 140. If you need a section Made up I could ask my best mate that owns cbd exhuast in nowra to make something up but I'd need exact inner diameters at either end and length could even polish it up for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hey 8r3nd0 cheers mate thats pretty much what ill need im gonna get a crf150 slip on rs2 yoshi and see how that works out and go from there cheers bud

Hey 8r3nd0 cheers mate thats pretty much what ill need im gonna get a crf150 slip on rs2 yoshi and see how that works out and go from there cheers bud

No worries mate when you get closer to getting them or measure them up just let me know and we'll go from there. More then willing to help if I can just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back