Wet Weather Riding??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITTZ

Reaction score
hey,
so im planning on heading out to jams this saturday and its ment to be raining so what im wondering is what sort of clothes y ware for wet weather riding! or do u simply avoid it? can u ride a pitbike in the rain with the standurd air filter setup?

thats about it
cheers, Andrew

ido but the air filter wont get that wett as your leg covers it most of the time anyway....

but if the filter is soaked in crap and water i dont think it would be to good for the bike

shorts and t
thongs might be handy to

as for the air filter tape up the bottom half of it and the end
this will stop water cloging the filter up and cutting out the air

i dno i just go ride and if sumthen happens well too bad
but taping up the bottom half sounds like a good idea

i been riding in rain before but if you go in the bush or on rocky
surface be careful lol. i went up a hill and the bike went backwards coz
the tyre was just spinnin and the bike started rolling back down the hill.

haha...good ridin times

have fun

ok, just bought some motul air filter oil and it says it keeps the water out so meh, i guess ill just go out and get drenched and have fun:D

I just dont ride minis in the wet at all specially not in the bush. Lots of reaons why i dont specially coz of the air filter and the bikes aernt designed for hard bush riding. Unless of course its easy stuff.

But if you get your hands on some real thick air filter oil like yamalube then that will do ya. Even wrap a stocking around it, will help it a bit. and also oil the stocking.

cheers, change of plans im probly going to the torrens island tracks with sus1! should be sweet!

its not really bushriding ether

Ok sweet.

I wreckon if i took my bike to the bush and the parts where i ride my big size bike i really dont think it will have a chance at all, specially the up hills and all the half sized soccer ball rocks.

Riding them more on flat lands and maybe the occasional up hill "Not to steep" is fine.

i go ridin with my big bikes in this bush and i take the little one up massive hills that are real steep and it goes up there so well. fourth gear up a really steep hill and its like cruising.

but the rocks are bad coz having a small front tyre means that it flips easy and also gets caught in the deep sand and i stall it and sometimes fall.

But i dont have any trouble with the bikes except for the occasional snapped cables which is really annoying. I think im on my 4th accelerator cable now.

Latest posts

Back