What are peoples thoughts on American Muscle cars vs Imports

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
What would you guys prefer to drive and why, I would like to drive a GTR skyline or a 1971 chevelle SS with a 454 or 396... am looking at buyin one of these cars in the next year for a weekend/occasional weekday cruiser.... but my hearts torn between the 2 lol :(

cheers

man they're two COMPLETELY different things, muscle cars will always be cooler but they handle like dog balls

I would take any.. muscle or ricer

Just not some peice of crap Pulsar with rims and a big muff

chevelle hands down every kid and his dog has a ryline...

Last edited:
Ya im a fence sitter on this one....im either or, But i agree with wogtaz ryder dam i hate that

Ahhh but every 1 does not have a Aus delivered Godzilla

yea exactly its not every day you see a GTR.... yea u see the wannabe 4door GTS-T with the massive muffler an nice wheels, but u dnt see a GTR goen for a cruise....

im very much the same, i love cars in general i own a wagon (not to exciting) but i love going out in my mums WRX or dads wagon with a GENIII in it.

Ill probly be getting a new car in the next few years and cant decide to save my self

v8, v6 turbo, rotary, fast 4 i cant decide. . .

yea exactly its not every day you see a GTR.... yea u see the wannabe 4door GTS-T with the massive muffler an nice wheels, but u dnt see a GTR goen for a cruise....

hhmmm i see alot of GTR's getting around tassie but yeah there are way more of the GTS-T's, A mate has a GTR that he races or hill climbs i should say

depends on what you want to acheive in your driving. i've had muscle cars, and imports... started with Aussie muscle, had a lot of straight line fun in them on the cheap... then i bought an R33, and dropped about $45k on it making it scary bull$hit fast... both awesome to drive, but completely different animals... The old school muscle have grunt... imports have power and handling...
Muscle has Charisma
Imports have Performance
The choice is yours my friend...
my choice? Old school muscle body, with modernised technology, motor, interior, ancillaries and underpinnings...
Ie: i'd build a 69 RS SS Camaro, turf the 350, drop in an LS6, supercharge it, (roots type of course with a belt drive) add electric everything out of a statesman, roll it on 20's, and go posing. Muscle cars still look hard doing 35kph... :D

ps: The R33 is the new lancer two door hairdressers car... sad but true.. i sold mine after i pulled up next to a chick doing her lipstick in the mirror of a 33GTR, who then proceeded to stall it three times before getting away from the lights... bought a 34 after that.. ha ha

I would take any.. muscle or ricer

Just not some peice of crap Pulsar with rims and a big muff

i got a SSS pulsar as a daily,
pod, full exhaust inc. extractors, deleted EGR, lovells track springs with pedders shocks up front and konis in the rear, rear swaybar, handles real well
had some 17's but got rid of them, now just the stock alloys with yokohamas and bridgestones...
eventually will strip it out and have a project track car

i love both jap and muscle cars,
all depends on what you want it for
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited:
im with thump*140 mix old muscle with the new engine

go muscle.. there is more and more people getting into it and loving it..

my dad drives a 1970 el camino, its like the ute version of the chevelle..

so i grew up with muscle.. still like the odd s15, s14 and the 32's, 33's and 34's but muscle is kooler on the scale.

if you were going to get a chevelle get a '68 model or something, twin head lights are the sex!!

Either would be nice but bangfr buck skyline half price of muscle these days and double the bang!

are you talking about the new GTR, or an older one?

if you have the money for the latest GTR, then you could make the chevelle handle awesomely!

i would go the chevelle, everybody loves the sound of a big block V8 in a sexy muscle car. plus every man and his dog will admire your chevelle for what it is, a beautiful car.

im not saying that the GTR isnt beautiful. i love the GTR, but whenever i see someone driving an expensive imported car (ferrari, lambo etc.), i always think their tossers, because generally they know nothing about the car they are driving. they just bought the quickest and most expensive car they could afford because they thought it would make them look a bit cooler.

and believe me, a well painted V8 muscle car will turn more heads than a japanese car.

my mate has a v6 mustang and another mate has a porsche, all of the women salivate over the mustang, but not over the porsche.

are you talking about the new GTR, or an older one?

if you have the money for the latest GTR, then you could make the chevelle handle awesomely!

i would go the chevelle, everybody loves the sound of a big block V8 in a sexy muscle car. plus every man and his dog will admire your chevelle for what it is, a beautiful car.

im not saying that the GTR isnt beautiful. i love the GTR, but whenever i see someone driving an expensive imported car (ferrari, lambo etc.), i always think their tossers, because generally they know nothing about the car they are driving. they just bought the quickest and most expensive car they could afford because they thought it would make them look a bit cooler.

and believe me, a well painted V8 muscle car will turn more heads than a japanese car.

my mate has a v6 mustang and another mate has a porsche, all of the women salivate over the mustang, but not over the porsche.

Latest posts

Back