What bar thickness?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agressive1

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Im after Pro Tapers for my MSO Pro but the bike dealer asked me for what thickness, he knows the ones i want but doesnt know how thick they have to be.

So does anyone know what will fit into the MSO clamps that hold the Bars on?

I told him that i would bring down my ones and then he could order them but i rather let him know tomorrow which ones so he can order them and i will have them by sunday.

Hmm will give them a call tomorrow.

I told him that i wanted the Pro Taper mini bars se50 high bars seven eights.

I can get grips and bars for $90 both pro taper what you think?

If you've already told him seven eights and he still don't know then he is a dipshit and mustn't know much about bikes.I'd find another dealer

Ill give them a call today as im sure there was a mis understanding. This is from my local yamaha dealer in the accessories center so they are all good blokes to me and look after me well.

jeez they must be nice blokes, most "proper" motorbike stores there like pfft why dont you buy a good bike, then they say they will nothing to do with pit bikes

Well my old man went in there and asked them if they can install a rim lock on my MSO and they said that we dont deal with minis and its not worth having it as there isnt that much force on it like a bigger bike.

But now when i told this bloke its for my Mini he was like yeah no problems.

I wreckon if i just give them the tyre that they will put a rim locker on it.

jeez they must be nice blokes, most "proper" motorbike stores there like pfft why dont you buy a good bike, then they say they will nothing to do with pit bikes
yea lol, i went in to my local honda shop to get a new rear tire put on, they were like "pfft why don't u buy a good bike, like a Honda 250" lol. they did it but yea. But recently a pit bike shop has opened here so i just take it there

well of course honda and yamaha won't help you out, china bikes are bringing down the jap industry so why would they help you lol

Well my old man went in there and asked them if they can install a rim lock on my MSO and they said that we dont deal with minis and its not worth having it as there isnt that much force on it like a bigger bike.

But now when i told this bloke its for my Mini he was like yeah no problems.

I wreckon if i just give them the tyre that they will put a rim locker on it.

The rim lock goes through the rim and they drill a hole through it, not the tyre.

You need rim locks for pushys so you deffinately need them for mini's, on a mini tearing the valve usually happens when you lock up the wheels, not when accelerating.

I took mine to SA dirt bikes and they installed them for $15.

Tina went to pro honda to get a chain, and asked if they had them. the guy from pro honda asked what it was for ? tina said "ohh a china bike" and the guy from pro honda went "ohh i almost threw up then"

and they lived happily ever after

Last edited:
well of course honda and yamaha won't help you out, china bikes are bringing down the jap industry so why would they help you lol

You expect them to help you out because you are a paying customer.

The rim lock goes through the rim and they drill a hole through it, not the tyre.

You need rim locks for pushys so you deffinately need them for mini's, on a mini tearing the valve usually happens when you lock up the wheels, not when accelerating.

I took mine to SA dirt bikes and they installed them for $15.

Yes mate i do know what a rim locker is and i know how its installed i did mean the rim not the tyre my bad.

I want one just to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back