What bike is this and where can I get parts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Mini Riders,
I bought the mini bike in the pictures attached from eBay for a bit of a project to fix up for my son. It has a Lifan 125cc motor, does anyone know what it is? If you do, do you know the best place to get parts for it? I need a clutch cable, the rear brake assembly and it needs a spark plug so once I find out what it is, I will know which plug to put in. Preferably in Australia, I am in Sydney.

Thanks

Kenneth

Attachments

• Aug 16 2010 014.jpg
    Aug 16 2010 014.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Aug 16 2010 013.jpg
    Aug 16 2010 013.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Aug 16 2010 016.jpg
    Aug 16 2010 016.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 29
i wouldnt have a clue wat brand of bike it is, e.g atomik, dhz etc....

but for parts thats the easy bit especially if your in syd....

check this guy out, he has helped out ALOT of people on here including my self and his prices arnt too bad aswell heres the link below.....

Home Page - DHZ Mini Moto

my guess is its an atomic 125 blahg blah haha but ye go to dhz u shuld be good and just get a spark plug to suit lifan 125?

or for an NGK R you need CR7HSA

the cr plugs are shit they dont have a strong enough spark for our lil engines

the r stands for resistance i beleive what it does and how it works i've never really looked into

but have always had issue's with em

or for an NGK R you need CR7HSA

NGK make a non "R" plug too. i actually meant to type that.

the cr plugs are shit they dont have a strong enough spark for our lil engines

the r stands for resistance i beleive what it does and how it works i've never really looked into

but have always had issue's with em

i run an "R" type plug but yeah found them in bikes to be unreliable compared to a non "R" plug...not sure why but life expectancy halves?

R plugs run a resistor to supress ignition noise, and reduce electromagnetic interference which is why they are recomended in any vehicle with a computer/radio basically anything built with efi etc etc to run a resistor plug.

hope this help :D

plugs with resistors are recomended for anything with a circuit board, data logger, fuel injection, radios, GPS because as minifighter said, the electro-magnetic interferance can distrupt these functions. using a non resisted plug in an engine that specifies one can have all sorts of effects from poor idle, change in power curve, crap ignition. and in many cases, if there is engine failure, and the incorrect plugs are in it, most manufacturers will void warranty.
I used to work in the auto industry and worked closely with NGK. If a computer in a car was fried, the plugs were often checked.
if your bike is modified having jetting problems and you have tried EVERYTHING else, go for an iridium plug, in this case a CR7HIX.
personally I stick an iridium plug in anything I have. better compustion, less protrusion into the combustion chamber, and less likely to foul. longer changing times.

also, something that you may have experinced, ever got in a car and there is a ticking noise coming through the radio? check the plugs compadre.

Last edited:
I run C7HSA NGK plugs in both of my bikes and they run like a dream.

And how do you know its an Iridium plug? I dont know much about plugs. :)

I run C7HSA NGK plugs in both of my bikes and they run like a dream.

And how do you know its an Iridium plug? I dont know much about plugs. :)

if you compare them you will see that the centre electrode is alot smaller than a std plug, they also have a type of self cleaning (im not 100% about) which prevents fouling in turn extending plug life, improving engine performance etc etc

Ok cheers mate,

The other day i bought a new C7HSA for my build and it was different, one has a threaded head and the other one has a rounded type of head.

Just saying that they come in two types and saying that you should check the type before you buy. Not what i did. :)

you should be able to remove the plug cap with a pair of pliers, its not on their tight.

you will be able to tell if its an iridium plug by a couple of ways.

it says iridium on the ceramic.
all NGK iridium plugs end in IX or EIX
there is a tiny pencil point electrode,
and they are atleast twice as expencive as standard electrode.

you should be able to remove the plug cap with a pair of pliers, its not on their tight.

you will be able to tell if its an iridium plug by a couple of ways.

it says iridium on the ceramic.
all NGK iridium plugs end in IX or EIX
there is a tiny pencil point electrode,
and they are atleast twice as expencive as standard electrode.

usually 3 to 4 times in m experience

$4.50 for a std plug and $22 for an iridium.

but well worth the extra $$

Latest posts

Back